12: The Day She Finished What She Started

Emil's POV

After that night, I didn't want to talk to anyone. I can't talk to anyone. I was ashamed of what I have done to Biya that rattled everyone. One wrong move from me and everything turned into a disaster. I don't want to feel attached to someone. Not right now. Not to my friends. Not even my family. They have enough in their plates and I didn't want to add more to it. I don't even want to hear anyone asking if I'm okay. Of course, I wasn't! I took a bath not caring to shave my growing stubble. I didn't care anymore. Fuck what other people say. I grabbed my black suit, and shoes and wore them. I combed my hair using my fingers before I grabbed my keys and phone before I went out of my room.

"Finally after three days- You're going already?" My mom asked when she saw me pass the living room. I stopped and turned to look at her.

"Yeah."

"But it's still early dear and you didn't have breakfast yet."

"I'll just grab something to eat outside." I replied and she sighed with a sad smile. She came to me with her open arms before those arms enveloped me in a tight embrace.

"Oh how I wish I can do something more to help you. I hate to see you this way." She said rubbing my back while I just stood there. Yes, there's nothing that she can do to help me. I'm the only one that can help myself. Well, that's what I know. I didn't want to say and promise to her that I'll be fine because I doubt that will happen but then, she won't let me go knowing I'm so down.

"Time heals everything." I just said and she agreed. She took a step back pulling out of our hug and smiled at me.

"Let me know if you need anything, okay?" I nodded.

"Okay." She touched my cheek before smiling.

"Take care, darling. Your father will be here for dinner." She informed me. Great... He's back from his vacation with his friends. He would talk to me again about this love life shit. I didn't want to. He had talked to me about it when Biya and I separated. It seems like history is repeating itself. I sighed.

"Okay mama. I'm going now. Bye!"

"Bye darling." She smiled at me once more before I went out of my house. I got into my car and sped off. I talked to my staff about my behavior three days ago. I was grateful that they understood my attitude and forgave me. Then, I summoned the one I yelled at to my office.

"What is it, chef?" She asked as I sat on my seat that was located at the middle together with my mahogany table.

"Please take a seat, Mrs. Turturici." I said and she nodded smoothing her white skirt before she sat.

"I want to apologize to you personally for my behavior a few days ago. It was very unprofessional of me." I expected for her to frown, instead, she smiled like a loving mother that she is.

"Apology accepted. All of us know you are in a tough position right now and we understand."

"What do you mean by that?" I clasped my hands together and rested my chin on it as I leaned to my seat waiting for her to answer.

"Well, we observed your actions, chef. As a mother, I know now when someone is restless or is stressed out. I witnessed that first hand with my children and they would get angry blaming the world about their problems." She chuckled before she continued.

"You have a problem, sure, and everybody does. We find it hard to release it so we put it out to somebody. I understand that so it's not a problem. But..." She cut her explanation and I knew she was watching her words with me. She didn't want me to burst out considering I'm in such a vulnerable position right now. I leaned towards her and just watched her.