27: The Night I Made an Appearance

Biya's POV

From: Nyle

Subject: Are you ready?

I'll be there in 5. Are you ready sis?

To: Nyle

Subject: As ready as I'll ever be

I am. :)

It was the night of my brother's show and I was nervous yet excited. I was looking in front of the mirror and I still cannot believe I have dyed my hair blonde. It took courage to change what I have been naturally given. It complimented my skin and I loved it. I didn't regret changing my look and everybody in the hospital was surprised as well when they saw me earlier today. They told me it made my eyes pop out and the team I was in gave me thumbs up. Even Zeke approached me earlier telling me he liked my new look. I still felt tension between us so it was a short talk. We did agree on talking about all of what's happening later or tomorrow depending on how late the show will end. Thinking about it now, not every argument leads to break ups. My mind is pushing me to talk to him and sort it out while my heart was trying to make me feel like something is not right. Maybe it wasn't right that I was taking my time just to avoid any more complication.

"Oh! You're so gorgeous, my dear." Lorie entered my room with a huge smile.

"Thank you, Lorie. Thank Per for helping me."

"Oh I will. She made you look like a queen." She looked at me up and down in awe. I smoothed out my black dress. Per instructed Frances to arrange everything so I wouldn't stress about it. Frances shopped so many dresses and hanged them all in the shop so we could choose. She closed her shop just for me and I was blessed to have her to help me. Of course, she did her best because of my angelic sister. I loved her dearly. All of the dresses were so expensive I didn't dare to look at them. She told me Frances bought a lot so if I have another event to attend to, I can just choose from the collection or if I don't like any of those that were bought, Frances can buy more. Obviously, I wouldn't want that to happen. They have spent so much for me. I don't want them to always give me what I needed. I can work for what I wanted. My sister, however, didn't want me to refuse anything she gives me. She liked giving me things. With everything Frances has bought, I liked the simple knee- length black dress the most. It was an off- shoulder dress with a v- neck in the front and back. What I loved most about the neckline was its abstract folds that didn't make the dress look plain and boring. My waist was hugged by the dress and it was perfect because it elongated my torso. To match my dress, Frances gave me a pair of black ankle- strapped peep toe stilettos. I was lucky the shoes were comfortable or else I might take them off while we're still in the show.

"Is Dante coming?" Lorie asked touching my hair.

"Yes. He'll be here any minute now." She let out a breath smiling.

"Okay. We'll be waiting in the living room. I can't wait to see him." Her eyes were sparkling with excitement and she left me on my own in my room. I took a deep breath as I faced the mirror again. Even though I looked beautiful with all the make- up, new hair color and exquisite dress, I still was insecure and nervous. What will they say? It's been a long time people have not talked rumors or anything damaging to my reputation. I was guessing that becoming a doctor that was top 3 in the medical board exam and them seeing me in the true light and not only as Emil's ex- girlfriend benefited me and changed how they looked at me. I heard the horn of a car signifying my brother's arrival and I hurriedly put on my silver earrings and ring. I bought the ring yesterday. It caught my eye because of its minimalistic design and small shining diamonds attached to it. I wore it on my right middle finger as a symbol of my promise to myself that I won't back down without a fight and I wasn't the girl before. It signified dominance and looking at it gave me a reminder that I shouldn't be stepped on like a bug. I got out of the room and brought my silver pouch with me. I can't leave my phone behind in case of emergencies both in my work and at home.