72: The Day I Used My Own Weapon

Emil's POV

I looked at my shaking hands; the same hands brought pain to my own Nonno. I still can't believe he would do that to me for his own selfish reasons. He inflicted pain and suffering to Biya; the only woman I introduced in the family. The horror finally settled in my gut and it was tearing me apart like a parasite consuming all of my being.

"Sir, it's not your fault." Marcus spoke beside me. The police came to read his rights while they arrested him. I didn't know what to feel. I felt like I was being torn into pieces. The fact that my own grandfather fucked up my life was a living nightmare. Everything that was happening right now felt like it was going in slow motion. However, the feeling of inevitable damnation in him and the fear of losing Biya made reality an ugly truth. I caught the gaze of my grandfather who seemed calm yet vengeful. He smirked at me and it shook me to the core. His handcuffs glinted as he passed by me; his hands clutched together tightly. I felt guilty for doing this to him but at the same time I felt repulsed by him. The disgust and resentment I had on him grew bigger and I couldn't help but scowl at him. He played me and took advantage of my trust on him. The police escorted him out of my house. Another policeman stayed and took my statement. Once I told him everything that happened, he sighed and offered a hand to shake.

"Thank you, Sir." He spoke as we shook hands.

"It's unfortunate to meet you in a time like this. We're going to take care of it. Expect a call from us soon." He said before he bade goodbye and left. I slumped on the floor, completely defeated. No one won. I didn't win. How could I declare that I won? My own grandfather played me and it's ripping me to shreds. I drew out a quick breath and rose up. My bodyguard stood beside me silent and respectful. I didn't know how to process what just happened. How would I break to Biya that it was my own grandfather's doing that put her into life-and-death situation? How do I tell her parents what happened? How the fuck would I tell my own family what Nonno did? I rubbed my face in frustration before huffing out a breath.

"Let's go back to the hospital." I told him and we both went out of the house only to see a crying Geno in the arms of Mina. I quickly rushed to her and took him.

"Hush, child. What's wrong?" I kissed his forehead and he sobbed. I began to sway him and he slowly stopped crying. With his head on my chest, he sucked on his thumb and cuddled on me.

"Oh... He wants you." Sam commented and I looked at the now peaceful boy in my arms. Should I leave him here or take him with me? If I take him with me, the media will see him and I didn't want that to happen.

"Get inside. Sam, make us lunch. Marcus, call the Morettis and tell them we will give them lunch there. Mina, come with me." I ordered and everyone quietly went back to my house. Everyone went to where they were needed to be and Mina followed me to the Master's bedroom.

"Take care of him while we're out." I told her. As I tried to lower Geno to the bed, he began to squirm in my arms and cry. His tiny hands clutched on my shirt and I knew he didn't want me to let him go.

"I guess I have to carry him around for a while." I smiled and kissed his forehead again. I dismissed Mina so I can have my privacy with Geno. I held him dearly in my arms and it was comforting in a way that this innocent boy was calming my nerves. I continued to sway him while thinking about Biya. It pains me to see this young boy sleep peacefully while he remained clueless what his mother was going through. I didn't want to expose him at such a harsh world out there and I wanted him to stay here, protected and cared for. I stayed with him until I sensed that he fell into a deep sleep. Laying him down on the bed, I created a pillow barrier around him. Slowly opening the door, I peeked through and called for Mina. She rushed to me in a hurried pace.