80: The Day Love Burned Brightly | Part 4

Part 4

Emil's POV

Three hours in the flight, the cabin was silent and the sound of the plane's engine can only be heard. I looked around and noticed Gio fast asleep at the back while Gabriel was scrolling on his iPad at the middle part of the plane minding his own business. Luigi who was in front of me on my left was busy on his laptop seemingly arranging my schedules in the calendar. Taking that as cue, I took my phone out of my pocket and called Biya.

"Hello Biya." I greeted the moment she picked up.

"Hi." Her soft voice calmed me down. I didn't know I was tense and stiff until she spoke and I went lax.

"Why are you calling in your other number?" She referred to my number I use whenever I go overseas.

"About that... I'm on my way to America right now?"

"What? All of a sudden? Why? Did something happen?"

"Just a situation I have to deal with. I'll be back as soon as possible, baby." She hummed.

"Okay. Be careful. Marcus have not told me anything about you leaving. He's here right now."

"Yeah. I figured you need his assistance."

"Emil... I already have Milos. I can handle myself." She sighed and I chuckled.

"He's only there to see how things are going."

"Well, if you consider him playing with Geno as seeing how things are going, he's doing a great job." She replied and I couldn't help but smile.

"He's a good guy, Biya. He may look scary as fuck but I assure you, that man is soft with kids. I have seen him care for Geno whenever Mina is not available."

"I can see that clearly now. Mina is in the laundry room right now folding clothes and blankets."

"Don't ever hesitate to tell them what you want, okay? You're the boss there." I heard her laugh.

"So, you're going in and out of America?"

"Yeah. I'll be quick. Marcus has to go check around my managers and investors while I'm gone."

"Oh... why? Did Luigi come with you too?"

"Yes." I answered quickly.

"Emil..." My name got dragged out. Oh shit...

"What are you not telling me?" She demanded. Well, damn. I cannot hide anything from her for too long. She knew me too well.

"I'm with Gabriel and Gio."

"Oh? Boys trip? I never knew you were planning one. Could have invited Percyla and Caralei here."

"It's a business trip, my love."

"Sounds serious then. Are you really okay?" There was worry in the way she talked and I smiled at that. There was a satisfying feeling of having Biya think about me. Might be a narcissistic shit I have but I was pleased with her thoughtfulness with me.

"We will be fine. Don't worry." I heard her sigh in defeat.

"Fine. But if you come home with bruises, God help me but I'll make sure you'll think twice before getting involved in a dangerous situation." She threatened with her soft voice. I chuckled at how her soft speaking voice can make cute but violent threats.

"Emil... I swear."

"Okay. Okay. I will be careful."

"That goes for Gabriel and Gio as well. I'm sure their women can happily beat their asses with anything they can get a hold of.