78: The Night of Life Decisions

Emil's POV

My heart pounded so hard against my chest that it echoed in my ears. Holding Geno in my arms who has his face covered with a light blanket to avoid anyone taking a peek at him, I rushed inside the hospital.

I spotted my men lining up to the hallway, guarding every corner of our way to protect us from anyone. They bowed as I passed by them but I didn't have the time to acknowledge them. I pushed myself forward with a wriggling toddler in my arms. I could see the door to her suite room and my heart raced faster, nervous of what I would see at the other side. Would she be in a better state?

"Sir." Marcus made me snap to reality and I caught my breath first before nodding.

"Let me in." I ordered and he twisted the knob to open the door. I tugged the blanket off Geno and hugged him.

"Your mom's going to be okay." I told him but I knew that I was trying to comfort myself too. Stepping inside the room, my eyes landed on the usual spot she was always situated in which was in the middle of the right wall. Her bed was being hidden behind the white hospital curtains they must have set earlier. I looked at her coworkers who were silent but watching my every move. I saw Shar and Viv, with swollen eyes from crying, to my left who smiled weakly before pointing at the curtains. I nodded and slowly approached. I could hear the steady beat of her heart monitor. That's a good sign. Adjusting Geno in my arms, I held my breath and reached for the curtains. The first thing I saw were the doctors who blocked my view from her with their back facing me.

"Biya..." Her name left my lips in a whisper. I trembled, nervous and excited to see her. The medical staff departed and made way for us. That's when I saw her eyes blinking on me and then to her son.

"Biya... you're... you're finally awake." My voice shook and my eyes watered. Clutching Geno, I hurried to her side as she shook and cried.

"You're okay. You're finally awake! Thank goodness!" I bent downwards, Geno clinging to my neck for support as I kissed Biya's forehead.

"I missed you so much, love."

"Oh! Emil! Geno! I missed you both so much!" Her voice cracked before she broke down sobbing.

"You're mom's awake, little one." I told Geno as I placed him on the empty side of her bed. My hands visibly shook as I reached for her hand. Intertwining our fingers together, I kissed the back of her hand.

"How are you feeling?"

"I feel tired and confused but I'm fine. They currently monitoring and checking me... Uhm... Kinda feeling uncomfortable though." She replied with her soft-spoken voice.

"Would you like for us to elevate you, Dottoressa?" The doctor I hired named Doctor Byan asked coming to the other side of the bed in aid. For the time he spent here, I could say he was really great at his job. He monitored Biya like a hawk.

"Am I not allowed to sit-up?" She asked, confused and the doctor looked at me before he shook his head making a strand of his blonde hair fall on his forehead.

"Not yet. You need to take it easy and not stress yourself." He replied and she shot me a look as if searching for an explanation.

"You had a really bad accident, love. Do you remember?"

"I remember Ronaldo shouting like he was warning me before I completely blacked out. What happened? Dio! Where's Ronaldo?" She asked worriedly, her eyes scanning the room searching for him.