56: The Night I Played Games of The Generals

Emil's POV

The room was full of tension and unresolved doubts. I was in this mind game where I was playing Game of the Generals and I was the private looking for the spy. Marcus remained standing behind the close door looking serious and watchful like always but there's something off. Was it my doubt of him that made me change my view of him?

"Sit, Marcus." I ordered and he quickly obeyed. Swiftly, he took the right chair and faced me while I sat on my office chair and crossed my legs.

"Did you include yourself in the investigation or someone else included you."

"The team decided that it's better to include ourselves in the investigation."

"And how is that going for you?"

"Not well." He sighed looking weary. He leaned back on the chair. I didn't speak. I only watched him. Maybe I can find any clues in his body language if he's lying.

"Everyone is keeping an eye for each other and they have high doubts on me because I'm always the one who works close to you. I'm the chief bodyguard and it's my duty to protect you and yet I am doubted by my own team because of that man."

"How should I be sure you are not the one?" I asked and he shot me a look. I raised a brow at him. I'm waiting...

"If I am Vicenzio, I should not have taken this long to sabotage everything, Sir." He bluntly replied. I smirked at how sharp his tongue was.

"How so?"

"If I was him, I would not be playing games with you, Sir. You know I don't have the patience to prolong a plan that's already laid out."

"Well, maybe you are not yet prepared to give the final blow." I tilted my head, amused at how cunning this man was. He's really dangerous. He shook his head and leaned over. Black eyes staring into mine, there held a strong sensation of trust and promise in him.

"I swear, it's not me, Sir."

"And if it's you? Are you willing to go to prison for your sins?" I snapped.

"I will." He never even hesitated. Hmmmm...

"It's in your contract to never sabotage my work and personal life. To never leak information."

"Yes, Sir. I promise you. I'll bring the man in front of you. I'll fucking drag him to where you would be once I find out who it is." His promise carried darkness in them. He would do whatever it takes to bring Vicenzio out of the shadows.

"Good. I expect a lot from you, Marcus. If you ever betray me, it will be your end."

"I know, Sir." He accepted my warning well.

"That will be all."

"We're going to start investigating every employee close to you today, Sir. We would need to find evidence."

"Do whatever it takes to find him." I told him and he nodded. He turned around and was about to walk when I noticed the hesitation in him. He turned back around again and faced me. I knew that face of his. The look of his eyes down and his concentration in laser- like focus.

"What if it's not a him, Sir?" He asked before he looked at him. I smiled at that and I nodded.

"I have considered that before but I never put my mind into it but yeah. Take a look at everyone. Don't leave anyone behind."

"We will, Sir." He bade goodbye after that and left the room. I huffed out a breath, completely stressed out about this situation. I loosened my tie trying to breathe out the growing problems I had. My intercom buzzed and Martina's voice echoed.