22: The Night Bewilderment Was My Friend

Biya's POV

The sky was dark and the wind blew caressing my skin. I hugged myself warming my body. I should go inside but I don't want to. I'm at the balcony of the apartment just standing there with so many indecision, doubts and thoughts spinning in my mind. I never have doubts when it came to my career but I was now having them. Not because of my career but because of Emil. He came back and I would be meeting him tomorrow. I still have not talked to Zeke about this and that's also a problem of mine. He's getting uptight with me and I don't like it. He's never been this way and now that he's acting like an overprotective boyfriend, like really really really overprotective. I was beginning to dislike his attitude. I don't like a bit of it. What should I do? Just be honest. My inner self advised. I let out a sigh bothered by my decision. Will it turn out to be better than I would expect it to be? I mean he's my ex- fiancé and my boyfriend has the right to be insecure, be jealous or something like that. I groaned leaning over the railing.

"What should I do?" I mumbled. I stayed outside until I have gathered enough strength to tell Zeke about this. Whatever happens now, it will decide my future with him. I went inside my room and found Zeke playing with Genovese. It melted my heart seeing them like this; happy. That's all I wanted in the world. For them to be happy and comfortable.

"Hey!" Zeke beamed at me with his megawatt smile.

"Hi." I replied closing the door quietly. Genovese looked at me and he quickly put his arms up. He wanted me to carry him. Of course I can't resist him and I quickly took him in my arms.

"Hey baby! How are you?" I cooed rocking him back and forth.

"How's work?" I asked Zeke who was watching the television now.

"The usual... meetings, paperwork, patients..." He sighed.

"You?" He asked looking at me for a sec before his gaze went back to the screen. He's really addict with the TV. I swear. He likes to watch. No. He loves to watch. Even in his own apartment, his TV was always on.

"I got into a fight..." His head turned towards me, concern etched on his face.

"Why? Are you hurt?" He stood up and began to scan me from my head to toe. I touched his cheek moved that this man cares about me.

"I'm fine. I got into a battle with Doctor Greg." He smirked when he saw the victorious smile on my face. I felt good winning over that egoistic doctor. He thought he's the best and would just announce that the case is hopeless without looking at a different angle.

"Let me guess..." He pretended to think while he wrapped his hands around my waist trapping me and Genovese in his embrace.

"My Beatrice won." I nodded and he smiled wickedly.

"Yeah. He told me I should give up on the poor police man who got shot in the head. When I saw the man's scans, I knew there was hope for him." I began to tell him about my heated argument with Doctor Greg. When I finished, I saw pride in his face especially in his emerald eyes and that too made me proud.

"I have such a talented girlfriend. I'm so lucky." He said before he gave me a peck on my cheek.

"I should put Genovese to sleep." I told him and he agreed.

"Okay. I'll be waiting here. We can watch a movie." He recommended.

"Yeah. Sure." I replied before he released me.

When I put Genovese to sleep, I showered before joining him in the living room. We're the only people in the apartment since Elda went to work earlier.