61: The Night of Yin and Yang

Biya's POV

A start of a new life. My lips tugged into a smile remembering the night I had with Emil last night. A confession was made and it was a step forward to us. 2 years has passed and we finally made up, had closure in our dark past and have now started another chapter in our lives.

"Someone got laid last night!" Blaze sang as he burst inside his office, kicking his glass door like a child.

"Good morning to you too, Blaze."

"Ah! So you got lai-"

"Nope." I quickly replied slapping him on the chest with a patient's file.

"Oh! New patient! Yey!" He grabbed it and walked to his table merrily like he was just given a Christmas gift.

"So you had a wonderful night last night?" I heard him ask while flipping through the papers.

"Yes. I had. It was really wonderful." He lifted his gaze to look at me and smiled.

"I'm glad you had a good time." He spoke with all sincerity in his voice.

"Thank you."

"Good morning everyone!" Viv came in the office vibrant and fresh.

"Buon giorno!" Lia came in next with a spring of her feet with each step.

"The fuck? Did all of you got laid?! Not fair!"

"No!" Viv shot him a disgusted look while Lia just rolled her eyes.

"Where are the other guys?" Lia asked taking off her coat.

"In the cafeteria getting us all coffee." We all beamed at Blaze at that and he just gave us a sign of the cross.

"You know we will have a pretty tough week, y'all. I trust you to be all in you're A-game every second of the day." He said punching the thick files of patient's records on his table.

"When did we disappoint you, doc?" Viv sassed making everybody chuckle.

"Good thing you're with me and not with those boring grumpy ass physicians in the hospital?"

"Oh you mean Dr. Gonzalez?"

"Oh yeah that old man always looks like he woke up with a cactus in his ass." Lia chuckled.

"Oh I will tell him that, Lia. I'll make sure when you work with him, I'll tell everything bad you have told me about him."

"Pfffft! As if you don't hate him."| Blaze acted hurt at that, fake gasping and all.

"Don't play coy with me, Dottore Blaze. I saw you make face behind him when he talked at the hallway." Lia raised a brow at him, daring for him to say something back but Blaze just laughed.

"Damn woman. I will never win an argument with you." He chuckled.

"Alright, we're gonna start working once the guys bring up the coffee. What is taking them so long anyway?! Bring their asses over here!" He demanded, his lack of caffeine clearly making him dramatic.

Shift was over and I was waiting for Ronaldo who went to take the car from the parking lot and drive at the hospital entrance. The cold wind bit my skin harshly and I regretted not taking a thicker coat with me. Patients came in and out of the hospital; some in relief, some in despair and some with hope. Just watching them made me remember the reasons behind my dream of becoming a doctor. To provide help and assistance to those who were helpless. Remembering the times I grew up in the streets, scavenging for food and trying to survive with the harsh environment and financial problems, it gave me a sense of pride and achievement for surpassing those difficult times. The times I got sick and I had nothing... I was glad and thankful that I was alive after all those times I had. My thoughts were interrupted with my familiar white car with the Audi symbol stealing everyone's glances. Ronaldo quickly went out of the car and went to open my door.