19: The Day There Was Another Color Other Than Black and White

This chapter is dedicated to my friends Chrisia, Biya, Shareen, Jim, James and Crismarfel. You have given me inspiration to write two chapters in just one day. Thank you for giving me pieces of advice. :)

19: The Day There Was Another Color Other Than Black and White

Emil's POV

Black and white. Everything was black and white. My world was like that and I didn't need any more colors in my gloomy days. I had avoided every person who tried to talk to me about Biya especially the reporters who wanted insight on what I feel about her being a topnotcher. I always dug into my work now until it's midnight and would return home drunk. That was my cycle and I think it won't end. I wanted to numb the pain I was in but I was being unsuccessful. My family and my friends expressed their concern for me but I just told them I was fine. My workers became silent about Biya and I was glad no one had brought it up. Maybe it's because they fear I might explode. They don't know I already have. This is the new me. An empty shell. Gone were the days I have fun and entertainment. Now, I was focusing so much in my work. I don't know where she is now but I know she's doing her best. I don't watch news knowing she's there and I knew to myself that once I see her again, it would just be pure torture and the urge to talk to her or see her would just grow like a monster. I took a drink on my whiskey as I began to answer the emails I have received for the day. I knew I was being reckless with myself but I wasn't reckless with my work. This is my slice of the pie. This is my life's work and I won't let myself ruin this empire that I have built.

"Sir, your flight will take off in an hour." Martina informed me from the intercom.

"I will be out in 5 minutes." I replied back before I got back to work. Once I was done, I took my laptop with me together with my personal bag. I had a flight to New York tonight to see my restaurant there then I would go and check my other chains – restaurants, bars and hotels included- in LA, and Washington before going to Spain then to Philippines to check on my other chains. Luigi would be my OIC in my restaurant here in Italy since I would be gone for a long time. I have been invited to be their guest in TV shows and cook shows so I might take a month before going back here. My plane was waiting for me when I arrive at the airport and I got in on time not wanting to be in this place anymore. I admit I love where I came from but the thought of just being near with Biya makes my heart ache every time. I wanted this to go away. I really want it because it's making me discouraged at everything personal in my life. How can I get myself back up? I don't know what to do anymore.

Once I arrived, paparazzi followed me and like always, I wore a smile in front of the camera. I have to smile for them. The love I receive from my supporters keeps me going and I wanted to give the best for them. Some asked how I was doing and some asked what I feel about Biya now. A twist of pain shot through me when I heard it but I hid it not replying to them as I continued to walk towards the car waiting for me. Marcus and the rest of the team prevented them from coming close to me but I can still hear them. Then, I remembered Dante who came with me. I searched for him and he perfectly blended with the crowd taking pictures. I had someone to watch his back as he took pictures. I don't want him to be distracted while he took his pictures for his project. He got accepted in my office and now he was one of my photographers. He's really good at his work and I was hoping he would be known for his talent. I expressed that to him and encouraged him to go on and he would thank me multiple times and I saw that he's growing into a better person. I tagged him along this time so he would see how my business works and to see how everything works in my company. He was just silent and would give his thanks once he was done never disturbing me. He's a good kid and I tend to keep him for the job. Once I got in the car, Marcus closed the door and people's voices became muffled.