18: The Day I Had My Own Waterfall

Emil's POV

Results day! The sun was shining with positivity and the climate was good bringing me a great sign that it's gonna be a great day for Biya's results to come out. I woke up early and worked out for two hours which was a miracle for me to do again since I have skipped work out day and would only work out once in a while.

"Good morning, mama!" I greeted my mom who woke up extra early knowing that it's this was a day I was looking forward to.

"Good morning. You had a good night sleep?" She smiled as she made omelet.

"Yeah."

"That's good." She beamed at me as I took a seat.

"Where's papa?"

"He's in the bathroom." She replied.

"Okay."

"Are you going to your office today?"

"Yeah. I will stay in my office all day today." She took a glance at me as she cooked and she had a sweet smile on her face.

"You are going to wait for the results, aren't you?"

"Yes..." I ran my hands through my hair admitting the truth and she had a small laugh.

"You, my boy, are really serious. You didn't even go out with another woman ever again." She said.

"I can't, mama, and I don't want to. I was stupid to be with the other woman. I was stupid enough to follow her and I was an idiot to drink what she had offered that night." My mom placed my breakfast on the table. She had a sad smile on her face and I didn't want that.

"You were drugged, my dear. Do not blame yourself." She held my cheek then patted me.

"But I should not even have let her go near me, mama. I should have listened to Biya. I should not have..." I can't tell her. I don't want to talk to her about sleeping with another woman and I was with someone else.

"Yeah. We know it's your fault, son. However, we also know that you are paying for it." My dad joined it putting his cuff links on. I sighed. Was I paying it in a correct way though? I wasn't even approaching Biya for the past months now. I just let her have her happy life. It was not a joke when people say you can be happy when your love one is happy.
"This is complicated..." I huffed out a breath of frustration. My parents both chuckled. Why were they laughing at me?

"God! I entertain you? Great." Dad laughed some more sitting down at the head table. Mom gave also gave him his breakfast before she settled down having a plate of her own.

"Everything is complicated when it comes to love," Dad spoke before he ate.

"Am I complicated?" Mama asked looking at her husband who stopped chewing. I gave out a small laugh actually getting interested with what was happening in front of me. Papa chewed faster then swallowed his food before replying.

"Yes and that is one of the reasons we have love for a very long time. We won't have an exciting adventure when there are no complicated things in the way, right? I mean, come on! That makes me fall in love with you more. I love you, mahal." Well played dad. Good one. He used his endearment to her which was a Filipino word for love. It was awesome but at the same time disgusting to watch the two of them doing the lovey- dovey acts in front of me. I saw my mom smile at him.

"Love you too, amore." Mom replied back in an Italian endearment.

"Okay, guys. Your son is here and eating the best omelet but I think I'm going to-"