31: The Night She Doesn't Want to Talk to Strangers

Emil's POV

"Signor Carini, your meeting with Signor Sebastian will start in 5 minutes." Martina buzzed in my intercom while I was in the office drowned in my thoughts. My conversation with Em last night brought brutal honesty that had been inside my head for so long.

"Okay. I'll be there." I replied still thinking about what I have said last night. Damn Em for pushing my buttons. I see her as my little sister and with her strong- minded personality, she can kick my ass sometimes or she can easily annoy me. It frustrated me that she got it out of me when I have been keeping that feeling to myself. It made me sadder now remembering that it has been a long time since Biya and I broke up but I was still aching. It made me pathetic. I am pathetic. I signed the paper angrily, pressing the pen harder on the paper. I huffed out a breath as I finished. I set the pen down, let a breath trying to relax and leaned back on my chair. I should be happy for Biya. I am happy for her. It's just that I feel like she needs to be happier. I don't know why I have thought of that but there's something missing. I saw her bright and beautiful smile last night and she looked happy. I ached to be beside her but I can't do that. I wouldn't do that. That's immoral. I can look from afar wishing we're never apart. It's my fault I messed this up and she didn't give me any more chance. It gave me more pain as I saw her near me yet I cannot be in the same group as her. I knew to myself I cannot go near her as people might begin speculating about us again. We speak through text and that's it. Those text messages were about her brother. But even though we only text each other to speak about Dante, it gave me comfort knowing she's okay. It gave me assurance that she is happy. Her texts kept me going. I really am a pathetic guy. Em told me it's sad, pathetic and unhealthy for me to be like this but I cannot help it. I cannot move on even if I want to. Do I want to move on? To be honest, I don't. I still love her and love won't go away. I tried finding someone or something to ease the pain but whenever I try, it made me more depressed and hurt. So now, I was begging for scraps; tiny pieces from Biya. Her texts were the tiny pieces I have been keeping and I won't throw that away. I have given her protection knowing there are still dangers lurking around the corner. It gave me security knowing that my men are watching out for her. Gio's security team have pulled out once the media stopped bothering her but I still wanted to keep her protected. I was jerked back from my thoughts when my phone started to ring. I looked at it and it was Marcus.

"Yes?"

"Sir, this is an update. I heard Miss Beatrice shout upstairs." He informed and I stiffened, gripping the phone tightly in my hand.

"Is she okay? Why aren't you with her if she's in trouble?" I asked as I stood up from my seat.

"We haven't heard a commotion, sir. We cannot intervene because it is a personal matter. Perhaps, it is a common misunderstanding like before."

"Before? What do you mean by before? Why didn't you tell me this?"

"I'm sorry, I didn't tell you this, sir. I thought it wouldn't matter because they had an argument and it's normal for couples to fight."

"What happened?"

"They had an argument; she temporarily moved out of her apartment and went back to the Moretti residence. She came back to her apartment after her brother's show."

"Do you know why she did that?"

"Unfortunately, sir, no." I sighed in disappointment.

"Okay. What are they doing now?"