73: The Day We All United For My Queen

Emil's POV

It has been an hour since I talked and had a business agreement with Dotoressa O'Brien. I knew she wouldn't let the hospital go without taking something form her or letting her stay. I chose the latter for her. She's staying. However, if Zeke ever steps a foot in the hospital premises, it will be her downfall. Blaze walked with me silently. He was shocked at what I did earlier and he was damn well vocal about it but now he was cool with it. I knew it was a surprise but I had to do it. If it takes for Biya to get better, I'll do anything. I didn't fucking care about anyone thinking that my actions were kind of a dick move. They can talk about it no matter what. I'll do what's best for her.

"Dude..." He started and I stopped walking.

"What?"

"Do you think it's a smart move?"

"Buying the hospital? Yes. For Biya-"

"I know you care about Biya a lot but what you did is really huge. You just bought a fucking hospital." I smiled and patted his back.

"Don't worry. I know what I'm doing. Besides, this hospital has potential. According to the data and numbers, this hospital could be better with the right management. O'Brien there is hustling and trying to make this hospital on top without even trying to give more effort for the hospital to improve more. I can do that. Biya is my priority right now though. Like you said, she can't be transferred. She needs proper care and the best one and I intend to bring it here." He sighed at my statement and rubbed his nape.

"Damn bro. I should have expected this but no. I can't believe you'll be my boss now." He chuckled.

"Hold that thought. I'll check the administration in here first then we can talk about who will be the manage this place." I replied and he nodded.

"I'll help you with the medical team. My department has excellent doctors but there are others in the Medical Association that I know who can help Biya. I hope she gets out of that OR in a better state." There was sadness in his eyes and I couldn't blame him. He is close to her and a team member in his office.

"Thank you for understanding and helping me, Blaze."

"Yeah. Not a problem. Your life is too complicated. I'm cool chilling in my office taking cases one at a time."

"I got to go now. I'll wait for any updates with the Morettis." I bade goodbye. He nodded with a sad smile on his face.

"Call me if you need anything. Stay strong."

"Thank you." I was grateful of him. He acted like my brother ever since Biya has arrived in my life and I owe it to him for helping me get through all the challenges I had to face in my life. I watch his retreating form in the hallway and once he was gone, I knocked on the door and entered the room.

"Emil! You're back!" Signora Lorena beamed the moment she saw me. They were currently eating their lunch Sam has made for them.

"Have you eaten?"

"Not yet, ma'am."

"Okay. Here." She said bring a plate and utensils to an empty space in the table. Am I worth to sit with them after what I have done?

"Emil? What's wrong, dear?" She asked and I rubbed my nape, nervous to be in their presence.

"Come on now. Don't be shy. Have a seat." She patted the empty cushioned chair beside her. I smiled and silently went to take my seat. She happily gave me my share of food and it was strange yet I felt like I belonged with them with how they were treating me now.