16: The Night I Wanted a Dose

Emil's POV

Days passed by and I never did approach Biya again personally. I let her make her dreams come true. I had my men watch out for any harm or any sign that someone would attack her with questions. Everything was running smoothly. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. Every day, I would think about her. She's the reason why I get through the day and she's my inspiration; in my life, and in my work. However, the longer I didn't see Biya, the deeper the need I have to meet her again. The memory of the agreement I had with my friend and his wife flashed back making the urge of meeting her deflate. I have to wait until she passes her exam. But I can see her secretly. I loosened my tie leaning back on my seat as the thought swam inside my head. Should I do it? Someone might follow me and would know that I would be there. I grabbed my phone and called Marcus.

"Hello sir."

"Marcus, I need you and the team to back me up. I want to see Biya." I said getting up from my seat.

"Are you going to meet with her, sir?"

"No, I just want to see her. I can't go in the center using my car and they would see me get into another car."

"Understood, sir. The team will be meeting you in 10 minutes."

"Good." I ended the call and went out of the office. My chefs were busy cooking with waiters and waitresses swiftly moving in and out of the kitchen with their trays.

"Are you going out, sir?" Martina asked beside me.

"Yes. I'll be back after an hour or two." I informed her.

"Okay sir. It's okay if you go home after you finish what you're doing. I can just call Luigi to come here and watch. I was informed that he's free tonight." She referred to second in- command who handles the restaurants or my company when I'm not around. I trust him for he had been working with me since day one.

"Do that." She nodded before she began to tap on her phone. She excused herself as she had a phone call and I let her.

"Sir, we're ready." Marcus finally arrived in his signature white shirt and black suit. He was carrying a blue paper bag with him and he gave it to me.

"Please wear this, sir, so you won't get recognized."

"Sure." I took it and went to the bathroom in my office and changed. Dark washed jeans, a dark blue shirt and a hooded jacket was my attire. I also changed my oxford shoes into a pair of black running shoes. I got out of the office once I was done and I was ready to go. I have put my phone, my keys and my wallet in my pockets so I won't return here later anymore.

"Please wear this also sir." He had given me a big black- rimmed glasses. Okay. This attire just made me look like Gabriel. He wore eyeglasses, and likes to wear hoodies. I took it and wore it. Marcus nodded satisfied with my look before he told me to follow him. I bade goodbye to my secretary who was shocked at my attire but still managed to say goodbye before I got outside using the fire exit. A pick- up truck was waiting outside and we quickly went in knowing her review might end in just a few minutes. Marcus drove to the mall and he instructed me to run to the black SUV that he would be parking next to our car. Once, he parked it, he and I parked got out at the same time. The other men followed and I saw other men looking around the parking lot but still acted as if everything was normal. Once I got into the SUV, Marcus sped off and we went to where Biya was. When we have arrived, anticipation spiked up every nerve in my body. I can't wait to see her. After all the months that I have waited until the news about us boiled down, I can finally see her. I was at the passenger's seat and Marcus and I were the only people inside the SUV. All of them were left at the parking lot earlier. After a few moments, the door opened and I shifted on my seat leaning towards the dashboard to get a closer look at her. And then, I saw her. Her face was clear since her hair was tied up in a bun. She was carrying her backpack and she had a book around her arms. I looked at her marveled at how she kept looking great as if her degree wasn't so hard. She didn't have bags under her eyes but I suspected it was only covered with make- up. She's beautiful. And one of the things that I saw from her was that smile of hers. She had a big smile as she talked with her friends and would laugh from time to time. There were just talking outside the building and I knew they were waiting someone. My question on whom they were waiting for was finally answered when the door opened again revealing the man who was with her the last time I saw her. I never knew why he was there for a long time so I asked Marcus.