76: The Day Truth Speaks and the World Listens

Emil's POV

I met the family of Ronaldo after meeting my grandfather in jail. Everyone chose to stay on Biya's side and I was fine with it knowing they would like to spend the rest of the day with her. I told them everything I knew and had happened to them from the day we started dating up until now. They knew everything. It somehow brought me relief to tell them what has happened between us. No more secrets. No more hidden truths. It was freeing to finally speak the side of story not everyone knew and I was glad that they listened and have understood everything. They even understood the conflict we had to go through when Zeke and Biya just broke up. Now, I could finally breathe. It felt like a thorn has been removed from my heart and it made me move easier within my circle. The way Paolo and Lorena smiled warmly and had me in their embrace brought deep satisfaction and closure in my part. No more bad blood. I felt that I really belonged. With Biya by my side, I was home.

"Hello, Signore Leone. Signora Leone." I shook hands to the middle-aged couple who met me in the middle of the room.

"Signore Carini. It's nice to finally meet you. I'm Irene and this is my husband Cesare." Ronaldo's mom came forward first offering a handshake while she introduced themselves. Her sweet smile made her puffy eyes squint and it hurt me to see her that way. She's a strong woman to still have a smile when her son has been on an accident.

"Signore." Her husband shook my hand after his wife was done. By the looks of him, he was not much of a talker but his eyes held fatherly love and concern for his son. He offered for us to take a seat and I silently nodded before doing so. They both sat across me on the white sofa while I sat on the single cushion. I noticed how they held each other's hands, confiding on each other for strength and hope. I inwardly smiled at them both. They're a lovely couple.

"I'm sorry I have to meet you at such a diffifcult time. How are you two coping?"

"We're doing okay. Thank you for being such a good host to us and bringing our son to a suite." She spoke first.

"We also heard you are making sure that he has the best care in the hospital so thank you for that." He added.

"It's the least I can do. Ronaldo has been a great employee and a good person." They both smiled proudly at that.

"Thank you. Ronaldo is recovering well."

"That's good news." Ronaldo sustained neck injuries, a broken arm and a broken rib. The police has said that based on their investigation, he might have tried to reach over Biya when the accident happened resulting to him having a broken arm.

"It is."

"Well, I have to go now. Call me or my secretary if you need anything, okay?"

"We will. Thank you very much for everything."

"You're welcome." I smiled at them. Going to Ronaldo's side, I wished he would be fine soon. His head has some bandages because he hit his head against the steering wheel. I would make sure everyone would pay for hurting the people in my circle who didn't do anything wrong.

"I have to go. Goodbye. I'll see you again." I bade goodbye and after that, I left and went back to Biya's room.

"How are they?" Mom asked the moment I entered.

"They're doing okay. I left to give them privacy with their son." I replied, going to seat on my chair situated near Biya's side. Holding her hand, I kissed the back of her hand lightly before taking a seat. Everyone was silent for a while with Gio trying to comfort his wife and Gabriel looking over at Em who still seemed distraught with what has happened earlier.