23: The Day the Masquerade Was Over

Biya's POV

'The dinner turned out better than I expected,' I told myself the morning after I had dinner with my brother. I was such in a good mood and I can't help but smile knowing I have a baby brother. I have someone left in my original family and I am over the moon by it. We have decided that I will be introducing him to the Moretti family and people who are very close to me. Then, he will be introducing me to his family too. I was preparing Geno's things again so I can take him to Lorie's before I go to work. I was closing his blue bag when I heard my phone rang. I grabbed my phone from the coffee table and answered it.

"Hello Zeke." I greeted as I checked my things I will bring in the hospital.

"Hey. Just checking in. You're going to work today, right?"

"Yes. Of course. Why won't I?" I chuckled at his inquiry.

"I don't know. You came home late last night." He implied and I heard a tone of suspicion in his voice.

"What are you trying to say?" My brows furrowed and I focused on him.

"I don't know. You tell me. You came home at 11 pm, Biya! You were with your alleged brother and that Carini." I scoffed. This is unbelievable. My mood was turning upside down because of him.

"Excuse me? How dare you accuse me just because of- Ah! You know what?! I don't what to talk to you right now." I don't want anything to say to him right now. I don't want to start an argument when I just had a great time with my baby brother.

"Yeah? You're guilty, aren't you?" There was bitterness in his voice and I grew angrier at him.

"Wha- what?! Asshole!" I cursed at him before ending the call. I threw my phone on the sofa then checked on Geno who was just looking at me curiously.

"Hey baby. Sorry about that." I blamed myself for bursting out in front of my kid. I heard my phone ring again and I ignored it. I carried Geno to my bedroom and changed his clothes. When I was done, I carried his big blue backpack on my back, I have my brown sling bag on my right shoulder and carried Geno. I locked the apartment and went to the garage. I settled Geno on his baby seat and secured him. I drove him to my parents' house and dropped him there along with his backpack. Before I left him, I kissed his cheek and bade goodbye.

"Woah! You look angry, girl." Shar pointed out when I arrived.

"I don't want to talk about it." I gritted my teeth as I wore my white coat.

"Okay." Shar shut her mouth and I drowned myself to work trying to forget what Zeke and I just got into. We just finished two surgeries and I was taking a break at the office when Zeke barged in unceremoniously causing other doctors to scramble from their relaxed positions.

"Get out!" Zeke ordered everyone to get out of our office and everybody obeyed but they got annoyed or tired look on their faces. He was looking at me with his eyebrows crossed together, glaring at me.

"I don't have time to argue, Zeke." I said sighing.

"Make time." He said and marched towards me.

"Look. I don't know why in the world would you think of something like that-"

"You don't know?" He cut me off. This is another side of Zeke I have never seen before and it made me nervous.

"The fact that you don't know makes you naïve, Biya!"

"Naïve?!" I stood up in anger.

"Yes! He clearly used your brother to meet you."

"Oh my God! Why are you so jealous?! I am your girlfriend, am I not?"