15: The Day I Found Conflict

Emil's POV

The next day, I was woken up by the loud ringing noise of my phone. I still didn't want to open my eyes but I searched my phone on my bed then I answered it with a groan.

"Hello."

"Emilio Carini!" A screeching woman made me groan again pulling the phone away from my ear. I opened my eyes and looked who the caller was. It's Gio's number but it was a woman who's calling me. I looked at the time and it was six in the morning. Damn it! I don't want to get up yet.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"Don't you recognize me? This is Percyla!" Biya's sister was definitely angry at me. Why was angry at me, anyway?

"What's the problem? Are you okay? Where's Gio?" I was so confused.

"He's here and this is not about me or him. It's about you!" About me? I slowly sat up from my bed and leaned on the headboard.

"What is it about me?"

"Why did you come back to Biya again? If you are playing with her-"

"I am not playing with her, Percyla. I would never do that. I never played with her feelings when we were together." I defended my relationship with Biya. She's overprotective to her sister and I understood her.

"I don't want to see her have a broken heart again, Emil. When I learned about your relationship with her and she told me about it, I have never seen her broken. I never knew about your relationship or any relationship of hers until she told me. She's good at hiding but she didn't hide her feelings enough when I talked about your relationship with her. I don't want to see her get depressed again." Her voice became softer and softer as she spoke. Finally!

"I'm trying to fix everything, Percyla."

"Why now?" Yes, that's really the question everyone would ask because of my decision. Why now? After all this time, why would Emil Carini, the one who did a terrible thing Biya didn't ever want me to do, come back?

"I thought you have made your decision to leave her... permanently." I let out a huge breath before answering.

"I still love her, Percyla. Believe it or not, I still do." I heard her sigh. I hate this! I hate telling this to her. I wasn't comfortable telling what I feel to anyone.

"Thank you for telling me that but please do it slowly. She's busy reviewing." Yes, she needed focus to make her dream a possibility and I knew what she's trying to imply here.

"Yes. I know." I will be giving her space.

"So?" She asked waiting for my obvious answer.

"I will give her space until she finishes her review."

"No. You will give her space until she passes her licensure examination." Damn it. I planned on seeing her before the exam to wish her luck.

"You are a persuasive woman. No wonder Gio fell for you."

"Emil! Seriously!"

"Okay! Fine! I'll do that." I sighed in defeat. I hated this arrangement.

"But-"

"No buts right now," She cut my defense.

"If you really love her, you would give her what she wanted most. She wanted to be a doctor for so many years and you won't ruin it by seeing her after she finishes her review or before her examination. Who knows what's going to happen between the two of you? I want her to be focused." That's the big sister! She's acting like one right now and not the little sister. Biya always acted like she's older than her and would treat Percyla like a sister she never had. I guess her very caring attitude was drawn out when she was a homeless girl.