48: The Day The Chef Almost Got Burned

Biya's POV

"What do you want to do after going to the hospital?" Emil asked who was beside me in the backseat of his car. Marcus was driving and another bodyguard from dad's security team sat on the passenger's seat. His name was Ronaldo. We were on our way to see Milos. The hospital has given me permission to not work for two days for security reasons.

"I want to visit my son. I miss him." I told him thinking of Geno. He might be playing right now. I hear him hum his response so I looked at him. He was staring at the road ahead but he was thinking deeply.

"We can go if you want. We can take the jet to get there faster." I straightened on my sit at his reply and shook my head no.

"Oh no. No. It's fine. I can drive. I'm used to it." He looked at me and he was clearly not having any of this.

"It's faster and safer, Biya. This is for your own good. You can rest while we're on our way."

"You have to go to work, Emil." I really didn't want to hold him back. I have the bodyguards to watch over me. He held my hand and a small smile on his lips. His eyes were soft but concern made his eyebrows slightly furrow.

"Please, Biya. Let me do this. I don't want to leave you yet." He said and I mashed my lips. I'll just be a burden. I didn't want him to waste his time on me when he can work and take care of his business empire.

"But your work? Don't you have important meetings to go to? Check your restaurants? Resorts and hotels? I'll be fine." I tried to assure him reminding him that he had a business to run but he just chuckled.

"Ba-" He caught his tongue before he could let out the word "Baby." My eyes widened before I pressed my lips together, trying to hold the smile trying to make way across my lips.

"B-by the way, I am the boss. I can make money even though I'm not even in the office." I burst out laughing at the way he tried to connect his words together. I could see his cheeks beginning to glow red and so I took the chance to poke his cheek.

"Sure. Sure." I chuckled again before facing the road. I noticed Marcus taking glances at us in the rearview mirror.

"We're not driving backwards, Marcus. Look ahead." Emil told him making Ronaldo laugh.

"Got it, Sir." He replied before looking at me directly in the mirror again. I narrowed my eyes at him as he wiggled his brows together.

"Marcus, road." Emil reminded him again and all of us laughed.

Milos was sleeping when we got there. His parents were there looking after him and some of his friends were there to visit. We decided that Emil would stay in the car and wait for me while Marcus and Ronaldo follow me. We didn't want more people to see us together. Not now. Not yet. Marcus And Ronaldo gave everyone food to eat which were prepared and packed by Emil and his team of chefs while I gave Milos' parents a basket full of fruits.

"Oh! Thank you so much, Dottoressa Biya." His mother, a woman in his 40s with long brown hair, huge hazel eyes and have a petite figure, beamed in delight as she accepted the basket.

"Oh don't thank me, Signora. I should be the one thanking you. I should be the one thanking Milos for protecting me."

"It's his job to protect you, Dottoressa. We understand his line of work." Milos' dad who looked like the older version of Milos but with a heavier built replied.

"Please, just call me by my name. No need for formalities."

"Then please do the same. We don't want to be called formally too. Call me Liza. This is my husband, Ador." She introduced themselves. We shook hands.