1: The Day my Name Became Popular

Biya's POV

Nervousness gripped me so tight around me as I entered the building that gave me shelter for so many years. Lorena Moretti, a kind and beautiful woman I have considered as my mother welcomed me with open arms, with her eyes sparkling with happiness. She's the definition of glamour with no hair out of place and her tongue that spoke with such luxury. She spoils everyone she loved and if I wanted something, she would give it to me. However, I didn't want to do that so when they took me in their home, I offered to work as a housemaid. As much as they opposed it, I wanted to return their kindness so I worked for them. They let me do what I wanted to do but under the condition, I'll only work when I have free time as they wanted me to focus on my studies.

"Hello Biya! How's work? Are they treating you right? I don't want anyone making you uncomfortable while you finish your internship." She asked as she pulled out of our hug.

"Hi Mama Lorie. It's good. I have to go to work later but I want to visit you. It's the usual when it comes to the hospital. Everything is okay." I replied as we went inside. Paolo Moretti, an understanding father and a business tycoon, stood up from his seat when he spotted us walking towards the living room. He was watching television and my face became hot as embarrassment crashed upon me. I looked at the both of them observing if they have watched and heard the news about me and Emil. How could I even make up with them? I just ruined their name because of the scandal I was involved in.

"Hello dad." I greeted him and he went for a bear hug as a way of greeting me. He never was the man who showed his soft side to a lot of people but he was very affectionate and caring when it comes to his family. Me included.

"Hello, dear. Going to work later?" He asked and I nodded with the heaviness in my chest. I was ashamed that I have hidden things from them because I was scared of the world and the judgment from people especially in the Italian society. It was not easy to live with people trying to take a glimpse of me, an adopted daughter of the Moretti family. I was a very private person and this secret I had has destroyed me and it might destroy my family as well. 

"Yes." We took all a seat, their eyes on me and Paolo turned the T.V volume low.

"I have to explain everything. If you have heard about it..."

"Yes. We heard. We really need an explanation from you, young lady. Why would you hide things from us? Especially this one with you dating that Carini." He said giving me the explain-to-me look, with a raised brow. Fatherhood really suited him for his actions to Percyla and me even though I'm not really their daughter by blood. I could sense them waiting for my explanation and I clutched my fingers nervously.

"I'm so sorry I didn't tell you any of this news. I am so sorry you have to know it from other people when I'm living under your roof. I just can't explain myself. Whenever I tried to talk about it, it hurts a lot and I can't... I can't." My voice cracked as I tried explaining my reasons to them. I had to stop talking, feeling the tears starting to burn my eyes and blur my vision.

"Oh dear. It's okay. It's gonna be okay." Mom tried to comfort me, reaching a hand to me. I really regret not saying any of this to them and it crushed me now that I was facing them.

"No. You don't understand. I should have told you about this. Now, you're involved too. I am really sorry." I looked at them, tears tried to break free like water in a dam.

"Was it serious between the two of you?" He asked and she nudged him by the elbow trying to stop because she saw me flinch with his question. I was sensitive over the topic. I nodded determined for them to know something from my history.