79: The Day I Played Chess to Protect the Queen

Emil's POV

"Luigi, can you order a bouquet of red roses? I want to give it to Biya later tonight." I asked my secretary while scanning through the papers I needed to finish today.

"Yes, Sir. How many would you like to order?"

"A hundred roses." He whistled at my answer.

"On it, Sir."

"Thanks."

"Sir, there are multiple requests for an interview with you."

"About what?"

"About you and Miss Biya's relationship, Sir. And the cases you filed against your grandfather and Stefanie Bridge." Luigi replied scrolling through his iPad.

"They never give up, do they?" I sighed, massaging my forehead from all the stress these nosy people have been giving me. I love and hate my job. I love it as being a celebrity chef with Michelin Stars under my belt makes me bring the art of food and lifestyle to people but I also hate it as most people don't know how to respect privacy.

"They've been relentless before, Sir, and now with the situations in hand, they have become hungrier for information."

"I'll talk to Biya and the Moretti first before we give anything to them."

"Of course, Sir." He said before he typed on his iPad. I continued to sign documents, reading through the proposals and reports when all of a sudden, Luigi's phone rang and he scrambled to answer it.

"Hello. Emilio Carini's office. How may I help you?" He answered. I let him do his job and continued to read the reports.

"Please hold. Mi scusi, Sir, someone down in the lobby wants to speak to you."

"Who?"

"Ezekiel O'Brien." The fuck does that fucker want?

"What should we do, Sir? Should I escort him out?" Leaning back to my chair, I thought of the reasons he might be here. To apologize or dig his own grave? Playing with my fountain pen, I thought it would be better to face him now without Biya.

"Let him come here." I told him and he nodded before he excused himself and went out of the office.

"What's your plan now, O'Brien?" I asked to myself as I stood up and looked over the huge glass wall separating me from the world below. Just a few blocks from here, Biya is healing and performing her rehabilitation exercises. The door opened and I heard my secretary introduce Zeke.

"Mr. Carini will see you now." He said before I heard the door open wider. A moment later, the door closed followed by a deafening silence.

"What do you want, O'Brien?" I turned around to see the man who physically assaulted Biya standing in front of me with an unreadable expression. He swallowed before talking, touching the tip of his black tie as he spoke.

"I want my hospital back." He started. The nerve of this man. I couldn't help but chuckle and smirk at his now low life.

"Do you have anything to offer me?" I challenged and the hint of hatred and anger sparked in his eyes.

"Yes. If you want to live in peace, do what I want you to do."

"Is that a threat I hear from you? What can you possibly offer me?" I toyed around him and I could practically see the anger surrounding his whole pathetic life.