46: The Night Blood Revealed Our Secret

Biya's POV

The ride to work the next day was really awkward. Neither Milos nor I spoke to each other. I didn't want to talk to him and looking at Milos right now, he's got no problem talking to me either. The radio's music was the only thing that could be heard. I was absolutely speechless last night that I wanted to cry. I didn't know why I wanted to cry. I just wanted to but I held my tears back."Biya... I'm sorry." Milos finally broke the silence as he parked the car in the hospital's parking lot.

"You shouldn't interfere with my personal life, Milos. You're here to protect me from Vicenzio. I can make my own decisions." I replied still angry with what he had said last night. How could he say those things to me? Protect my heart? What was that for? Was he also into my relationship with Emil before like the rest of the world was?

"I know and I'm sorry. I-I just..." He sighed looking down guiltily.

"Just what? You're my bodyguard, Milos. Don't forget that. I haven't known you and am still knowing you. You can't just tell me things based on what you have heard about me or us."

"But, miss, I have known you. You just don't know."

"What do you mean?" I shifted on my seat, getting confused and mildly alarmed at what he said.

"Mr. Moretti assigned me and other men to protect you after that O'brien incident. We only stopped when O'brien was out of the picture. I did my research and knowing Mr. Emil came to save you, I also did a background check on him to see if he staged that O'brien incident."

"WHAT?!"

"I just want to make sure he's really genuine with you, Miss. Sorry." This was absurd. I sighed, overwhelmed and in disbelief of how overprotective my bodyguard was.

"Okay. Fine. Whatever. I forgive you. But don't do that again." He nodded as I gave him a warning.

"Yes, miss. I won't do that again." He promised. Getting out of the car, he went to my side and opened the door for me.

"I'll be on my usual spot if you need me, Biya." He spoke one last time before we went inside the hospital.

"Seriously, Biya. Who's that hot guy out there?" Viv gushed as we finished our shift and were ready to go home. I noticed how Viv would blush and be shy around whenever Milos was outside. Too bad Milos couldn't even give her even a smile. He's so cold and silent whenever he's working. He would only nod and say a few words when needed.

"He's my bodyguard, Viv. Don't talk to him. He'll give you a headache. Trust me." I told her and she shrugged before looking at Milos again who was now texting on his phone. Sighing, I grabbed her hand and began tugging her out of the office.

"W-what are you doing?"

"You like him?" I asked and her eyes widened before she shook her head multiple times.

"N-no. No!" I rolled my eyes at her while she continued to make me stop.

"Don't worry. I won't push you." I chuckled at her nervous state and she relaxed a little bit and stopped struggling.

"Fine. Don't do something stupid." She muttered before she let me drag her out of the office.

"Milos, we're going home. Viv's coming with us. Would you mind taking her home?" I felt Viv stiffen beside me before she pinched my elbow. Milos looked at Viv then at me before nodding.