three

tvd: season 3, episode 3 - end of an affair

THEY WERE HEADED TO CHICAGO. Stefan didn't know why the sudden change of route but he didn't question it seeing as Klaus was upset about the failing of his hybrids, meanwhile Olivia just stared at the window. The car came to a sudden stop making Olivia sigh as she recalls her time in the city.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan" The male hybrid smiled once he stepped out of the car, followed by Stefan and then Olivia.

"What are we doing here, Nik?" Olivia crossed her arms against her chest, not knowing why her brother decided to come to Chicago. He knew the memories this place had for her.

"I know how much Stefan loved it here." Klaus hummed sending a smirk at Olivia. The city lights illuminated as it was dark in the city. Olivia could hear the music and the laughter not too far away. "Bringing up the memories of the good old ripper days."

Olivia knew what he was talking about——of course she knew. She has spent all of her life with her twin brother, standing by his side, fighting by his side, and even finding love only for them to walk away.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan responded shaking his head.

"That's a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus smirked, "Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan simply shrugged. "Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus walked over to the car door which was being held by one of his compelled minions and jumped inside, followed by Stefan. Olivia looked at the overview of the city one last time before jumping inside the car.

***

CHICAGO 1922, GLORIA'S

Stefan entered the bar as he pats the doorman on the shoulder as he passes. The chatter and laughter filling inside the bar as the singer sings a song while the people dance. Waiters walking passing drinks to the people enjoying the night. Gloria, the owner of the bar and the woman who is on stage singing spots Stefan. "Guess who my eyes have just spied, ladies? Looking for a good time, Mr. Salvatore?"

"Save me a dance, Gloria." Stefan smirked, as he walked down the steps and making his way to grab a drink. But a blonde woman beat him to it grabbing the last glass of champagne on the tray and walks away. "Ooh, Please, help yourself." Stefan called out to her making her turn around.