forty-four

tvd: season 5, episode 17 - rescue me

THE TWO VAMPIRES MADE THEIR WAY TO ATLANTA, ENZO AND OLIVIA had made a pit stop along the way to a dinner

THE TWO VAMPIRES MADE THEIR WAY TO ATLANTA, ENZO AND OLIVIA had made a pit stop along the way to a dinner. Enzo had attempted to make conversation with the hybrid, but Olivia will just give him short answered. Olivia looked through the menu when his phone rang, causing her to glance down at it.

"Atlanta assassination squad. How may we be of service?" Enzo answered the phone, and Olivia rolled her eyes.

"I take it you haven't located the doppelganger yet?" Sloan asked but it came out more like a statement.

"You told us to find a nameless paramedic at the scene of a car accident in a city of freeways, friend green tomatoes and terrible drivers." Enzo retorted, "It's not exactly as easy as it sounds."

"Which is why I'm calling." Sloan said, "The doppelganger's name is Tom Avery, and I just saw him deliver a patient to Atlanta Metropolitan Hospital."

"She saw him?" Olivia gritted her teeth, the only way Sloan would be able to see anything is if she continued to use Stefan. The hybrid took a hold of the phone, "We had a deal. I find Stefan's last living doppelganger."

"Tom." Sloan corrected.

"Tom. I take care of Tom and in return you don't touch Stefan. Which includes keeping him away from any traveler ritual that could fry his brain."

"I don't give a damn about his brain. It's his blood that matters, and until Stefan and Elena are the last two doppelgangers on Earth, their blood is useless to me. So you better believe I'll give Stefan a back alley lobotomy if you fail to kill Tom Avery." Sloan threatened

"I won't fail, I never do. But if you fry his brain one more time, I'll rip your heart out." Olivia said, before ending the call and slamming the phone onto the table.

"You'll rip her heart out, eh?" Enzo smirked, impressed of her dark motives. "You almost had me convinced."

Olivia rolled her eyes, "Please, I'm a Mikaelson. I've done way worse."

***

Enzo and Olivia arrived at the Atlanta Metropolitan Hospital where they were sure that Tom Avery worked. After talking to the receptionist, Olivia walked back over to Enzo. "The receptionist doesn't actually know Tom, but I've compelled her to find someone who does."

Enzo didn't reply but his eyes were trained on her, focusing on her as she picked up a magazine. "Okay. I give up, I can't tell if you're avoiding the mission or me."

"Okay." Olivia responded, flipping through the magazine. She was doubting herself to kill Tom Avery—she knew once she saw a glimpse of him, she wouldn't be able to do it because he looks like the man she is in love with. She felt Enzo's stare and she sighed, "Can I help you with something?"