forty

tvd: season 5, episode 13 - total eclipse of the heart

OLIVIA FOUND HERSELF AT THE WHITMORE CAMPUS, Caroline had invited the hybrid to a Bitter Ball that was being hosted later that day

OLIVIA FOUND HERSELF AT THE WHITMORE CAMPUS, Caroline had invited the hybrid to a Bitter Ball that was being hosted later that day. To say Olivia didn't want to go, but the Forbes vampire managed to convince her which is why she was standing in front of a mirror observing her outfit.

"Caroline—" Olivia began but the Forbes vampire held up her finger.

"No, you look amazing." Caroline dismissed. Olivia looked at herself in the mirror once more, observing the black dress she had on. It was short but no too short.

Elena turned around and grabbed two sets of earrings from her dresser, "Diamond or dangly?"

"Since when does Elena Gilbert accessorize?" Caroline asked, folding her arms across her chest.

"Since she's being conned to go to the Bitter Ball with her best friends." Elena turned to face her mirror, "And Olivia."

Olivia rolled her eyes, she knew she wasn't tight with the three girls, she was only closer to Caroline, who accepted her with open arms and gave her a chance.

Elena's phone began to buzz from her bed. Olivia glanced down at it to notice that Stefan was calling Elena. The Gilbert vampire quickly grabbed the phone and lifted herself from the bed, "Hey. I was about to call you."

"Hey. Listen. I need to talk to you, but I didn't want to do it over the phone." Stefan said.

Elena furrowed her brows, "What's wrong?"

"Let's just say it involves Enzo." Stefan replied. Enzo the Augustine vampire, Olivia knew that Stefan didn't like him one bit since he is a bad influence on Damon.

"Then maybe we should meet in person. Actually, Caroline's dragging Olivia and I to this Whitmore thing for lonely hearts. I think you should come." Elena invited him a smile on her face. Olivia felt the jealousy rise.

Caroline glanced at the hybrid who just looked down at her feet and whispered to Caroline, "Did she just—"

"Yeah. No, thanks. I already did the college thing. Twice, actually." Stefan said.

"Please. If it's bad, then I'll owe you a fun time." Elena begged, leaving Olivia to furrow her eyebrows, and looked over at Caroline, who's eyes were already on her.

***

Olivia walked down the stairs of the Bitter Ball, Caroline trailing behind her when her eyes fell on Stefan who was watching her with a smile on his face.

"You look rather handsome tonight, Mr. Salvatore." Olivia smiled at him, once she reached him.

"You look stunning, Ms. Mikaelson." Stefan smiled back which made her smile go even wider, if that was possible. Stefan pointed to the dead corsage on her.

The theme of the ball was break-ups, lonely heart and single people, the dead corsages seemed fitting. The way he looked at her made her heart swell with happiness, the only happiness she has ever felt in a very long time.

She was his sun, the sun around his orbit that made his dead heart feel alive and vice versa. Stefan grabbed onto her hand and gently pulled her to the dance floor.

"Hmm. He dances." Olivia teased, her hands wrapped around his neck as the two swayed to the music.

"Only with you." Stefan smiled, and she chuckled at his cliche line but nevertheless she liked it.

"What is it that you had to talk to Elena about?" Olivia asked, curious to know what he had to ask his ex-girlfriend.

Stefan sighed, "Damon went off the rails. It's bad this time."

"How bad?" Olivia asked, forgetting about the jealousy she once felt.

"Last night he killed Aaron Whitmore." Stefan revealed, "If she finds out, she'll give up on him forever and I don't think I would be able to pull him out of that."

"I think he enjoys the way it feels. He wants to show everybody that they can't depend on him." Olivia said, looking into his eyes, "It's the way my family acts."

"Why all the dramatics, brother?" Damon asked, as he and Bonnie approached the couple.

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows, "What're you doing here?"

"Bonnie, what's wrong?" Olivia asked, noticing the panic look on the former witch's face.

"Oh, don't worry. I'm not her date. We're not gonna break any Bitter Ball rules." Damon said. Caroline approached the group once she noticed Damon's arrival.

"How about you just answer the damn question?"

"Well, Bonnie is gonna find me a witch to do a locator spell on the elusive Dr. Wes Maxfield. She's gonna find him, I'm gonna kill him." Damon turned to Bonnie, "Bon-Bon, should I tell them?"

"Enzo has Jeremy." She blurted out. "If I don't get a witch to find Wes by midnight, he'll kill him."

Damon used his index finger to imitate his neck being sliced while Stefan, Olivia and Caroline looked at him. Bonnie handed Stefan her phone which had a picture of Jeremy tied to a chair with blood all over him. Elena joined just in time to look at the picture before she turned around and walked away.

***

Elena had practically begged Stefan to help her save Jeremy's life. Olivia had noticed the way Elena had been with the youngest Salvatore after her break-up with Damon and she couldn't help but feel jealous of it.

When they arrived, Jeremy's body was on the ground and Olivia sped forward and yanked Enzo away from Jeremy while Stefan pinned him to the wall. Elena sped into the room and tried to get Jeremy to regain consciousness after Enzo had suffocated him with a bag.

"You should have left when I told you to." Stefan spat towards Enzo but the vampire threw him off and grabbed hold of Olivia, and Stefan warned him "Let her go."

"Did I give the impression I was taking orders from you?" Enzo asked, his hand firmly gripped around the hybrid's neck.

Olivia pushed him off of her and hit him directly in the face. Stefan picked him up and threw him into one of the glass displays, causing the glass to shatter across the ground. She grabbed a poker by the fireplace and attempted to stab Enzo with it but he shifted out of the way and kicked the two vampires away from him.

He grabbed a piece of broken wood from the floor and threw it directly into Elena's back. Elena groaned in pain, "Stefan, help me!"

Enzo grabbed another piece of wood and aimed at Olivia, who easily caught it and threw it back at him, hitting his leg. Enzo groaned in pain just as Stefan pulled the wood from Elena's neck.

Damon walked inside the room and Enzo pulled the wood from his leg and easily stood up. He sent a smirk to his friend, "You missed all the fun."

Damon looked down at Elena, before looking at Olivia and Stefan, "Spell worked. Wes is in Richmond."

"Brilliant. I'll drive." Enzo said and left to start the car but before Damon could follow, Stefan called out to him.

"Damon. Don't bother coming back."

Damon gave them one last glance, "I wasn't planning on it."

***

Olivia walked inside the door-room with Caroline by her side, the two blonde vampires found Elena and Stefan hugging each other. Caroline's eyes landed on Olivia who's eyes landed on the former couple.

The blonde hybrid tightly smiled, the feeling of jealousy in the pit of her stomach.