fifty-five

55| lay me down (extras)
tvd: season 6, episode 12 - prayer for the dying

LIZ FORBES HAD CANCER AND CAROLINE WAS IN DENIAL, SHE DIDN'T want her mom to die so she was determined to find a way around it

LIZ FORBES HAD CANCER AND CAROLINE WAS IN DENIAL, SHE DIDN'T want her mom to die so she was determined to find a way around it. Her first option was to feed her mom vampire blood but Olivia denied saying that out of the thousand years she was alive she has never heard vampire blood could heal cancer. So, Caroline, Lucas, Stefan and Olivia took a trip to Duke. Stefan, Lucas and Olivia observed Stefan's only living relative, Sarah while Caroline went to speak with the top neurosurgeons.

Caroline didn't get the answers she wanted, but she met a patient—Colin, who was in the same position as her mom but he didn't have a next kin. The Forbes fed her blood to him and watched his condition improve just like she said it would and went to feed her blood to her mom to cure her cancer.

Olivia had kept in contact with her siblings after Kol had died and apparently their older sister, Freya, who they believed died of the plague is alive. Of course, Klaus did not trust her one bit.

Elijah had explained to her that Freya had woken up from a slumber which meant Dahlia had woken up as well. Freya was determined to kill Dahlia and was willing to team up with them.

Her phone ringing brought her out of her slumber, she gently removed Stefan's arm that was wrapped around her before getting her phone, "Lucas?"

"How quickly can you and Stefan get to Whitmore medical?"

***

After Lucas' call, Olivia had woken up Stefan, the two of them quickly getting dressed before heading to Whitmore Medical center to meet with Lucas, Elena, Damon and Jo. After the Caroline fed Colin her blood, he shortly died and was a freshly turned vampire but he was still sick, so Lucas and Caroline took him to Jo.

"I had Duke send over Colin's medical records." Jo informed the group as she placed one head scan on the board in front of them. "This head scan is from earlier this week." She placed another scan beside the other one, "This one was taken right here, ten minutes ago. See all that red?"

"Well, I'm no doctor but that guy is so screwed." Damon puffed out, while he observed the giant spots of red that had appeared in the scan.

"So, the blood didn't heal him." Lucas observed before stating the obvious, "It sped up his cancer and killed him."

"So now, I have a stage ten cancer patient, which by the way, doesn't exist, who is beyond terminally ill, and a vampire. Meaning all of his emotions are heightened and he can't die."

"Hey, no offense, but could someone tell me why I was called here to listen to the story of Colin the cancer vamp?" Damon asked, unaware of Caroline and her mom's arrival.

"Because Caroline fed me her blood last night." Liz spoke up from behind them causing all of them to turn around and face them with shocked expressions, "So the same thing's gonna happen to me."