sixty-five

tvd: season 7, episode 1 - day one of twenty-two thousand give or take

THEY SPENT A WEEK TRAVELING THE PLACES OLIVIA had been to and when the engaged couple returned to Mystic Falls, Caroline and Lucas have been working on their awkwardly friendship-relationship status

THEY SPENT A WEEK TRAVELING THE PLACES OLIVIA had been to and when the engaged couple returned to Mystic Falls, Caroline and Lucas have been working on their awkwardly friendship-relationship status. Olivia found herself trying to cook up a breakfast for Stefan. The hybrid quickly flipped the omelette she was making as Stefan stepped inside the kitchen with a raised eyebrow.

"What's going on here?" He asked, watching her try to cook breakfast.

"Trying to cook breakfast." Olivia gently held the pan and lifted up as she grabbed a fork, urging him to try it. He took hold of the fork and took a bite of it.

"Olivia, babe, I think the cooking should be up to me." Stefan told her causing her to frown.

"Really?" She frowned making her way to the trash can and threw the omelette away. "I mean cooking is hard, for god sakes we drink blood. Don't say that I used to cook because that was centuries ago."

Stefan held his hand up, a small chuckle escaping his lips before he cracked two eggs on the bowl as he stirred it, "Matt reported some stolen blood bags, figure I'd check it out."

"You think it's your mom?" Olivia asked, raising a brow as she stared at her fiancée make omelettes she couldn't do.

Stefan nodded, "If not then she's quite literally dropped off the face of the earth. I'm still deciding if that's a good thing or bad thing."

"I could come."

"No, no, enjoy the house to yourself." Stefan assured her placing the perfectly cooked omelette on a plate before he gestured to the letter on the counter, "Freya sent a letter by the way."

"Thanks." Olivia smiled sweetly. "You're leaving right now?"

Stefan nodded, pressing a light kiss on her forehead, "I'll call you if I find anything. I love you."

"I love you."

Once she heard the door close, Olivia opened the letter that was addressed to her. She looked down and began to read,

My dearest Olivia,

I hope this finds you well. I write to offer an update and ask for your advice. Our brother remain at odds. Klaus will never apologize—not for the blood he's shed, nor the suffering Hayley continued to endure—and Elijah can never forgive him. Despite my efforts, we are a house divided. Which is not to say I have no good news.

Niklaus kept his word—Marcel controls the Quarter. There, he has founded a fight gym in the old St. Anne's Church where he tests the mettle of those who wish to join his vampire community. Elijah has begun joining him for sparring. I believe it helps him work through his anger...and he has much anger.