seventy-six

to: season 3, episode 15 - an old friend calls

EVER SINCE KLAUS' SIRE LINE HAD BROKE, he had become paranoid of those who he made enemies to show up in New Orleans with the desire to kill him

EVER SINCE KLAUS' SIRE LINE HAD BROKE, he had become paranoid of those who he made enemies to show up in New Orleans with the desire to kill him. There were so many enemies the Mikelsons have made throughout the centuries so it was to no surprise when Olivia saw a pile of letters scattered onto the table. Freya was bewildered by the collection of letters, to which Klaus owned and kept it in a hidden and safe place in the compound.

Freya looked at them, "You collect trophies from all of your victims?"

Olivia held Hunter close to her chest, giving him some sort of company while Elijah held Estelle in his arms. Elijah and Olivia knew what the letters were since they've been by Klaus' side for centuries. Elijah spoke, "Letters to their loved ones, to be specific."

"It was a phase." Klaus explained, he didn't collect those types of letters anymore.

"A phase in which we are forced to learn a different kind of stealth." Elijah said, "You see, over time, Niklaus' enemies grew so numerous, we had no choice but to artfully withdraw from the world, and then...well, I wouldn't exactly describe our presence in this sixty discreet, wouldn't you agree, Niklaus?"

"We all saw the White Oak destroyed." Klaus explained, turning to face his siblings, "Plus, this city was crawling with vampires, all of whom we had no choice but to shield me from potential foes. Were I to die, they would die, too. I couldn't have been more safe, and now my sire link is undone, and those very foes will come for me like never before."

Olivia looked down at her son, he had his father's eyes while Estella had her eyes. The blonde rocked her son back and forth before looking up, "It's only been a few days since the line broke, your paranoia is jumping out, Nik."

"It's a default setting." Elijah mumbled, placing a soft kiss on Estelle's head, who rested in his arms.

"And with good reason." Klaus defended.

"Well, Niklaus, if it offers you any solace whatsoever." Elijah said, standing up from the couch, his niece still in his arms, "We've ransacked Aya's belongings, torched Aurora's hunting ground, and obliterated every last splinter of White Oak."

"I would be mad to believe that." Klaus remarked, his paranoia still there.

Olivia glanced at her brothers before placing Hunter in one arm as Elijah gently placed Estelle in her other arm. She left the three of them alone to place her children to bed as she sent another text message to Stefan, who still has to answer. Ever since he left New Orleans, they've been keeping small contact but running away from Rayna Cruz caused Stefan to have no time to communicate with Olivia and the kids.

***

Olivia has been keeping communication with Lucas and Caroline, the two of them have managed a co-parenting system with Alaric in Dallas. The blonde hybrid couldn't help but be happy for her friends, they were doing alright.