thirty-three

tvd: season 5, episode 3 - original sin

STEFAN'S RING LAID IN OLIVIA'S HAND, ever since Damon had given it to her she hasn't let it out of her sight, occasionally resting in her pocket—seeing as her finger was to small for the ring

STEFAN'S RING LAID IN OLIVIA'S HAND, ever since Damon had given it to her she hasn't let it out of her sight, occasionally resting in her pocket—seeing as her finger was to small for the ring. The youngest Salvatore had been suffering for months. He was inside a box, in the quarry, dying over and over again. Somehow he had gotten free which was the only sense of comfort Olivia had, but he didn't have his daylight ring and he was the worse version of himself.

Elena and Katherine had the same exact dream about Stefan. He was burning outside of a random bar with a red neon sign. The four set off on the road in search of Stefan.

Elena sat in the front passenger seat beside Damon, while Olivia had to sit beside Katherine—the person she hated the most.

"You sure know what you're looking for? Last bar had a red awning and a neon sign." Damon spoke, mostly to Elena even though both doppelgangers had the same dream.

"I'll know when I see it." Elena nodded, confident that the moment she laid eyes on the bar her dream was located at, she'll know they were in the right place.

"Me too." Katherine popped her head in-between the two of them, annoying everyone in the car.

"Well, he wasn't asking you." Olivia rolled her eyes, staring at the window, wanting to reach to their destination so she wouldn't be seated next to Katherine.

"I'm just trying to make conversation. Anything to drown out the sound of eggshells breaking." Katherine shrugged, "So, Elena, I couldn't help but overhear, you've been dreaming about Stefan all summer? That must be really stressful on a new relationship, especially when you're having those kinds of dreams lying in bed next to his brother." Katherine snickered before she glanced over at Olivia, "Or maybe acquantinces. You know, Olivia is Stefan's woman these days."

"They weren't dreams. It was just a bad feeling. Like something wasn't right with him." Elena commented, knowing how uncomfortable it was making Damon and Olivia.

"Oh, no, yeah, sure. I totally get it. There's still a connection between you two. Maybe deep down you know that he was your one true love and breaking up with him was a big mistake." Katherine taunted, wanting to get under Damon's skin—which was working but he wouldn't admit it.

"Ignore her." Damon spoke to both Olivia and Elena, "As soon as the vervain's out of her system, we'll compel her and we'll put her on mute."

"Or I could just punch her right now." Olivia suggested as she looked at the doppelganger beside her.

"Or maybe Stefan's been trying to reach out to you all summer, but you've been too distracted with Damon to help him so he reached out to the person that he trusts—me." Katherine spoke, causing a chuckle to escape Olivia's lips. "Nah. You're probably right. Elena and I have the exact same dream, on the exact same night. Why would that mean something?"