twenty-six

tvd: season 4, episode 22 - the walking dead

ELENA GILBERT'S HUMANITY WAS BACK, although she was running on rage

ELENA GILBERT'S HUMANITY WAS BACK, although she was running on rage. Stefan told her to focus on one single emotion to help her pull herself together and she did—hate, specifically on Katherine Pierce.

Olivia found herself back in Mystic Falls, specifically at The Grill, where Caroline and Rebekah happened to be drinking. The three of them stood against the bar, their eyes focused on Elena, who was throwing darts at the dart board.

A gust of wind helped a couple enter The Grill, which caused Caroline's eyebrow to raise, "Is it supposed to rain tonight?"

"Do I look like a meteorologist?" Rebekah answered back, her eyes not leaving Elena's figure.

"Someone needs to do something, before she explodes." Caroline sighed, as Elena threw another dart at the board.

"I got this." Rebekah confidently nodded, grabbing a bottle from behind the bar and walked over to Elena. "Drink. You're putting everyone on edge. So, what's the deal? I'm new to this whole emotional switch situation."

"It's not complicated." Elena gestured towards the dart board, "See that dart board? All I can picture is Katherine's face."

"So, your emotions are on, they're just dialed to rage." Rebekah concluded, while Elena walked towards the board to collect the darts she had previously thrown.

"Look, Rebekah, I get that we had out Thelma and Louise back when I had my humanity off, but let me make one thing clear—we're not friends." Elena scoffed.

"What about us?" Caroline said, stepping towards Elena. The Gilbert paused the minute she heard Caroline approach with Olivia by her side, "Are we still friends? All those things you said when your humanity was off, is that how you really feel?"

"Caroline, I really don't feel like going down memory lane." Elena shook her head, clearly not wanting to think about the things she did and had said while she had her humanity off.

"Well, what about when you said, and I quote, 'You're a repulsive, blood-sucking, control freak monster?'" Caroline looked at Elena, who was ignoring her gaze, "Did you really mean those things?"

"If you're waiting for an apology, you're not gonna get one. I can't let myself feel bad because if I feel bad then I feel everything, and we've all seen how well I handled that." Elena sighed as she finally threw another dart on the board. Seconds later the power went out.

Caroline, Matt, Rebekah and Olivia all hurried out the front of The Grill. The entire town appeared to be out of power while a storm raged on.

"The power's completely out!" Rebekah yelled above the sound of the harsh wind.

"I'll call my mom, maybe she knows what's going!"

***

The storm that was happening wasn't natural, it was all Bonnie. The Bennett witch was starting the spell and it happened to be the center of the Expression Triangle—the high school. Olivia, Caroline and Elena had split off in attempt to find Bonnie before Stefan and Damon met up with them.