seventy-seven

to: season 3, episode 16 - alone with everybody
to: season 3, episode 17 - behind the black horizon

to: season 3, episode 16 - alone with everybodyto: season 3, episode 17 - behind the black horizon

IN TRUTH, OLIVIA MIKAELSON HAS FELT MISERABLE, she missed her children and she missed her fiancé. When the twins were born Olivia swore to keep them safe and loved in a household or with people who loved them. The only sense of comfort Olivia had was that her children were with people that loved them, and they were safe, it was all she could ever ask for. The blonde has been staring at the same cabinet where Damon Salvatore's letter laid unopened, she could only assume that by now he has already desiccated in a coffin beside Elena Gilbert.

Olivia stood up, grabbed the letter and placed it inside one of the books in her room before she walked away from the room and into the study room where she found Kol and Elijah discussing some things, apparently Finn was alive. Elijah frowned his eyebrows, "Are you quite sure?"

"I saw him with my own eyes." Kol exclaimed, "Finn must have come back when Davina resurrected me. The spell was tied to the blood of the Mikaelson line. Either it worked on him, or he found a way to hijack it. Either way, the only 'how' I care about right now is how long I'm going to make him suffer before I kill him."

Kol turned his back away from them and was ready to leave but Olivia spoke up, "Kol, let's have some restraint."

"Why?" Kol asked, turning around to look at the blonde, "Finn is clearly the one spreading rumors about missing White Oak. He's luring Nik's enemies out of the woodwork, It's all part of his tedious revenge fantasy."

Freya had been eavesdropping on the conversation and she's been listening for a while now before she interrupted defending the brother who favored her. She stepped inside the room, "You're wrong. Those rumors began before either of you returned. Finn's innocent."

"Innocent?" Kol asked, "Pardon me, love, but Finn has tried to kill the rest of us more than once. He's an enemy of our family."

"He is our family." Freya corrected, folding her arms across her chest, "Finn's return is an opportunity to mend old wounds and fix what's broken."

"He didn't just drop a bloody vase!" Kol was angry and his anger was understandable, "He murdered me!"

"You seem certain."

Kol tilted his head to the side, not wanting to believe their brother was siding with Freya, "Are you honestly siding with her?'

Elijah raised a hand for Kol to stop speaking as he looked over at Freya, "Time and time again, Finn has demonstrated nothing but contempt towards this family, so you tell me, how can you be so certain that he would return to us in peace?"

"Our sister knows me well." A familiar voice echoed throughout the room. Olivia's eyes flickered towards her eldest brother, who had walked inside the room. "Though perhaps you're right to doubt my intentions. By all means, let's discuss our family quarrels. I believe we're long overdue."