56: The Night I Played Games of The Generals

Start from the beginning

"Sir, you have a meeting with the US managers in 5 minutes in the conference room." She reminded. I pushed the button and replied.

"Okay. I'll be there." How the fuck does Vicenzio even work on trying to threaten and hurt Biya? He must have an informant who's working with me. I shook my head and tried to concentrate on my work. I'll think of this later. I have a company to run. Standing up, I grabbed my coat and cellphone. I walked out of the room to find Martina already waiting for me with her iPad full of notes in it.

"Let's go."

My back ached and my mind was in complete jumbles. Multiple meetings have been finished and I already sent Martina home since it's already 8 in the evening. I looked at the paperwork at my side that needed my approval and review. For the first time ever, just seeing the mountain of papers made me want to go home, cook some food and wait for Biya to come home. I'll start those tomorrow. Ha! I'm procrastinating for the first time in years! Was this good? Was this bad? I didn't know. I grabbed my phone by the desk and texted Biya.

Me:

Hey! How are you? Did you have dinner?

I played my phone, twisting it against my palms waiting for her reply when beep!

Biya:

I'm good. I haven't had dinner yet.

Me:

Do you want me to deliver you food? I can cook.

Biya:

Thanks but it's okay, Emil. Maybe next time. I'm going to eat dinner with Blaze and the team at the cafeteria.

Me:

Cafeteria food? Are you sure it's healthy and enough for you?

Biya:

It's fine. It's not the first time I ate here.

Me:

But hospital food sucks based on personal experience.

Biya:

Hahaha trust me. Our food here is good. Might even defeat your courses.

"Wow!" I chuckled at her reply and quickly typed away.

Me:

I'm hurt by that. Hmmm... perhaps everyone should have a taste of my delicacy.

Biya:

Some people can't even afford to eat at your restaurant, Emil. Leave my patients alone.

Me:

Ha! Did you think they'll pay? Of course, I'll give those for free! Freeeee

Biya:

Your chefs might protest.