Secrets are never safe

The ground was prickly as I walk bare foot along the ground of what looked to a forest
I find myself looking frantically around me. I could smell the moss and the streams somewhere in the distance. The leaves were bright, sun shining through the tops of the trees. I smile. I can hear everything. The animals around me, they're moving, hunting their pray, drinking from the river that flows through the forest. It's only a few meters ahead that I see the first line of a stream. I follow it, taking careful steps. Somehow my feet don't hurt against the prickle.

I reach my destination within minutes, a small pond surrounded by streams. I crouch down, running my fingers in the cool water. Looking down at my reflection, I seen I was in all white. My hair in a long beautiful braid that fell down around one of my shoulders. White roses and daisies, all entwined in the crevasses of my braid. It was red. A bright, beautiful red.
My dress was white, long and white. There was lace, forming around the edges of the dress as it folds around me and lays gentle at my feet on on the mossy green rocks around me, the edge of my dress just barely dipping into the water.
I feel a pulse and touch my neck. It's my necklace. Looking at my reflection, desperate to see it was real. And it was. I was wearing the snowflake necklace my brother had bought me. I look... beautiful. I smile to myself in my reflection.

A sudden burst of water begins to rapidly rush down from a further stream, splashing against the rocks before reaching my feet, rising the stream quickly. It pools at my feet moments later soaking my dress, making me sink a bit into the now soft ground. I look around me but no one, nothing is there. Everything is silent now. Mist and fog started to form around me, the view around me growing blurry and white every where.
I start to panic, stepping back slowly when it all fades away. The last of a quick rush of water and that's that. I breathe heavy, my heart beat racing. I take a step forward and when I look back down at my feet , at my reflection again.. I see my mother. I gasp.
She's in white, just like me... a beautiful dress. We look so alike. She smiles at me. I missed her smile. I find myself frowning. This can't be real, my mother is gone. I stare at her, wanting to touch her, to have her hold me. "Oh mom... I miss you." I say aloud and my finger tips touch the brink of the water.

The water starts to freeze over and in an instant I can see my breath puff out infront of me as I breathe. It's snowing, so many snowflakes flurrying down around me.
It covers the forest grounds, turning everything white.
The trees are bright and the small streams a the little pond is completed iced over. I can see her face, an imagine on the clear, smooth ice. I reach out, placing my palm on the ice.
"What was going on? Mom... I don't understand..."

I know you don't, love. I'm so sorry.

"Mom, I didn't mean for this to happen. You should be alive.. daddy should be alive..." I trail off.

It's all going to be okay. You're strong, stronger than you know.

"It's not okay, part of me is weak and lost with you and daddy gone." I tell her, my throat closing up.

You are strong. Look around you Katerina, look what you're doing...

I look around. Winter, how could I possibly being doing this.
"I don't understand..." I feel tears begin to run town my cheeks. The freeze into droplets the moment they run of the edge of my chin. I look down at the sound as they hit the frozen ice beneath me.

Soon. You'll understand soon, love.

I watch as the ice cracks. "No, you have to stay. Stay with me.." I beg and place my palm against the ice. It only cracks further. No... "Mom please, don't." I cry out.

Things will fall into place. For now, flight like you've been doing since the day we passed... we love you...

"PLEASE! I scream with everything in me, slamming my hands in a prayer to my chest. But the ice is shattered completely and her image is now gone.
"Kat, wake up!" I feel so cold. "Wake up!" And I do. I lean up in bed, gasping for air my hand on my heart.