kissing you unexpectedly

The slamming of the door shouldn't have taken you by surprise after the day your girlfriend had, but it still did.

You heard her let out a long sigh followed by the sound of her shoes on the floor and her voice as she called out your name.

"In here!" You yelled from the kitchen, trying to contain your excitement as you waited for her to enter the room.

You felt pretty proud of yourself because after she called you from the studio to say how terrible her day had been, you managed to find all the ingredients to make her favorite food and you just finished it only a moment before she walked through the door.

"I'm so happy you're here. I had the worst day," she started to say as she followed your voice into the kitchen, but she froze when she noticed what you'd done. She was speechless. She couldn't even find the words to say, but you could see the happiness in her eyes.

You strode over to her and took her hands into your own. "I know you said your day was bad, so I decided I'd do something to make you feel better! So, I made your favorite."

She could see the pride in your eyes for doing something that you knew would make her feel better. Right away, her worries disappeared. Everything that she felt she'd needed to get off her chest just faded away.

"I hope you like it." You whispered as her eyes met yours. "I know it's your favorite and I just wanted to make you feel better. You always do nice things like this for me after I have a bad day and I really just want to see you smile..."

And then, she sent you that sweet, beautiful, breathtaking smile of hers and your heart started to do leaps in your chest at the sight.

You went to speak again when she hooked her fingers under your chin to bring you in for a kiss. It was only meant to be loving and soft; one she could pour out the love she feels for you and one that told you just how appreciative she really felt.

You felt her other hand move to your hip. She gave it a squeeze and brushed her fingertips against it as her lips moved slowly and softly against yours. But your heart continued to leap in your chest and your stomach filled with butterflies and your arms looped around her neck to hold her close; like always.

"You're so amazing." She mumbled and leaned her forehead against yours. "I can't even begin to say how much this means to me. I love you so much. Thank you, baby girl."

"For you, Rosé? Anything." You whispered softly before kissing her again. But before she could melt into it, like you knew she wanted to, you pulled back to take her hand and lead her to the counter where the food was.

"Here you go, sweet girl. Hope this makes your day better."

"Hey," she whispered and hugged you from behind. "As much as I love and appreciate this, remember that you make every bad day better. Okay? This means so much to me, but I know I get to come home to you, and that makes me feel good too. Because I love you... to the moon and back."