break up prank on you (requested)

"Rosie? I'm home!" You yelled out as you walked through the front door.

When a moment of silence passed by without her feet on the stairs or the sound of her voice calling out to you, you frowned to yourself and began to look around for her.

She wasn't anywhere downstairs and you only got silence in return when you'd call out for her.

Curious, and a little worried, you made your way up the stairs and down the hall to the bedroom. You appeared in the doorway a moment later and found the room cluttered.

Clothes were thrown over the floor, Rosie's bags were tossed around but they were unzipped, which allowed for you to see that they were filled with some of her clothes.

You also noticed her suitcase on the floor. A few clothes were neatly folded inside.

You were about to investigate further, see where she was and why her clothes and bags were all over the place when she suddenly came out of the bathroom with her makeup and toothbrush.

"Oh, hey," she spoke softly. "I didn't think you'd be home so soon."

You frowned as she put everything into a small bag, which then went inside her suitcase.

"What's going on? Why are you all packed? Did something come up with the group? Another press tour or something?"

She zipped up the suitcase before she stood up and sighed.

"We need to talk, y/n." She said and you nervously chuckled as she took your hand and led you to a clear spot on the bed.

"Okay. You know you can tell me anything, Rosé." You said as you placed your hand on her thigh. Your soft touch and voice were sweet, but she could hear the trembling in your voice and felt the shakiness of your hand, which told you were nervous to hear what followed.

"I've been doing some thinking lately. You know how much I love you. But I think we need to break up,
y/n."

At that very moment, it felt as though the world was crashing down around you. She was pushing your hand away, laying it on your own thigh.

"But..." you paused, a shaky breath falling from your lips. "Why?"

"I just think it's for the best."

That wasn't a good enough answer for you. Although, nothing ever would be a good enough answer.

"How?" You spoke as tears welled up in your eyes.

Your heart ached in your chest. It felt heavy and you could almost feel it shatter inside you. It felt like your entire world was falling apart; like it was all ending.

"How can it be for the best when you're all I have? All I need? Look at all we've been through together, Rosie! More than any normal couple and it's only brought us closer together. We're happy... aren't we?"

She didn't say anything, mostly because she didn't expect those words to fall from your lips.

The silence in the air was almost suffocating to you. You thought it said enough. It lasted much too long for you and you feared that she was unhappy with you, or because of you.

"Just the other day, we were talking about the future. Our future. Now we don't have one?"

She reached for you, but you pulled away. Mostly because, if this was truly the end, you worried that if she hugged you to try to bring you comfort only to walk away it would just break your heart even worse.

"I don't want to lose you, Rosie." You spoke in utter sadness, looking at her with the saddest eyes she'd ever seen before. "Whatever the problem is, can't we work through it? Is it because of an upcoming comeback? It is because of another tour? You know I'll stand by you all the way. You know I'll support you."

"You're amazing like that." She said as she slowly reached for your hand.

"Don't leave me... please."

"Oh," she shook her head and pulled you into her arms, where she gripped you tightly. "I'm not going anywhere. I won't ever leave you, I promise. You know you're the only one for me, that I couldn't make it without you. Why would I ever leave you?"

You stared at her in confusion, blinking away any tears that threatened to fall.

"Then what's going on?"

"It's a prank." She confessed. "Remember that break-up prank you pulled on me a while back? Well, it was time for some revenge. Now, we can call it even."

"Rosie!" You whined. "That was mean and scary."

"I know. How do you think I felt?"

You sighed as she dropped her forehead onto yours.

"It was really just a prank? You're not leaving me?"

"Not ever. I'm much too in love with you to ever leave you or lose you. You're all that matters to me, y/n. Through it all, even at my worst, I know I've always got you to lean on and make everything better and brighter. Trust me, I'm never leaving you."

"Love you lots."

"I love you so much more." She said before she kissed you softly and rubbed your back as you laid your head on her chest and let her hold you tight.

"Can we call it even now?"

"Of course."

"So... no more pranks ever again?" You asked, hopeful that she'd say yes.

But she just chuckled and said,

"Only time will tell, my love. But don't worry, no matter what, you've always got me and I've always got you."