ignoring prank (requested)

"Baby," Rosie smiled as she plopped down on the bed beside you. Her arm wrapped around you before she pulled you to her side for a squeeze. But as she dropped a kiss to your neck and asked you how your day had been, all she got in return was silence.

"Are you okay?" She asked as her fingers danced along your spine. "Are you not feeling good? When I come home you usually cling to me and talk my ear off." She chuckled but paid close attention to you while she did so. There was no sparkle in your eyes, no hint of a smile, and you still sat in silence.

She watched you reach for your phone. The silence in the air was broken by your typing as you scrolled through Instagram.

"Why aren't you talking to me? Did I do something wrong?"

She pulled out her own phone and checked the calendar, but there wasn't anything scheduled for today. It wasn't a special day and she always puts dates in her calendar so she can't overwork and forget them.

"Talk to me? Please, baby?"

For the very time in your year-long relationship, she felt invisible. It's not something she's used to feeling when she's around you. It feels like you're the only one who sees her for who she really is.

"I don't like this. Y/n, please, you know how much I hate when you don't talk to me. Did I do something? Was it something that I didn't do? Did I say something that upset you?"

More silence, more tension was all she got in return.

The feeling was too much for your lovely girlfriend, bringing tears to her eyes as you pretended as though she wasn't there.

"I don't get it. You won't talk to me, you won't tell me what I did wrong. How am I supposed to make it better if you won't tell me what went wrong in the first place?" She asked tearfully. She was overwhelmed and couldn't take it anymore.

"Fine. When you want to act like an adult and talk to me you can come across the hall and we'll talk. For now, I'll give you some space since you obviously don't want me around."

They weren't empty threats. She got up from the bed and started to walk out the door and you could tell she was crying on her way out from the sadness and confusion she felt.

You had to make it right. So you rushed to her and gently took her wrist in your hand to keep her from walking out of the room. She turned around, teary-eyed and brokenhearted until you threw your arms around her tight.

"Baby," you whispered sadly against her neck, kissing all over how soft skin. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. It was a prank."

You expected her to push you away, but she just looked at you even sadder than before.

"Why?"

"I don't know. It was stupid."

"Happy we can agree on that."

You giggled and then leaned in to steal a sweet kiss from her lips.

"I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

She nodded and held you tight.

"Better not." She teased, tickling you playfully. "I love you too much. Don't ignore me again? I love your pretty voice too much," she said, smiling against your lips before she brought you in for another kiss, this one much more passionate than the ones before.