she comes home to find you asleep

Rosé closed the door behind her as she walked inside. She was worn out and worn down from her long day at work. It was definitely after midnight, if not later, and she was just now arriving home.

She tried to be as quiet as possible. Knowing that it's late and you've gotta be tired after your own day of work, she figured you were sound asleep upstairs in bed, with the blankets pulled back on her side, just waiting for her to climb underneath them with you.

But she was wrong. She knew by the light of the tv that you were downstairs. She crept inside with a few words on the tip of her tongue, mostly to ask why you were still awake. But they disappeared when she saw you there.

You were laying on the couch. Your head was resting on one of the throw pillows, the blanket that you once covered up with was hanging off one of your feet. Your lips were parted as you breathed softly and slept soundly.

Rosé tiptoed over to you and pulled the remote off of the floor to turn the tv off. She smiled at how peaceful you looked and she didn't wanna disturb you, but she knew she needed to get you up to bed.

She carefully shook you awake. Her hand moved in soothing circles across your back until you opened your eyes. "Rosé?"

"Yeah, it's me. Looks like you fell asleep on the couch."

You hummed and started to rub your eyes, opening your mouth as you yawned and lifted your head from the pillow. "I wanted to wait for you."

Rosé couldn't help but smile. She pulled the blanket off of your foot and threw it back over the back of the couch. "Well, I'm home now. Let's go to bed." You nodded and stood up with her help. Rosé kept her hand on the small of your back as you walked upstairs together and then climbed into bed.

She quickly changed and climbed in next to you. As soon as she made herself comfortable she looked over at you and saw your eyes were already closed. She looked to see the steady rise and fall of your chest and realized you were most likely sleeping.

So she brushed her thumb across your cheek and kissed it a few times before pulling the blanket up over your shoulders and laying her head on the pillow.

"Love you." She whispered, not expecting you to say anything back since you were asleep.

But she could only smile when you repeated the words back to her.

She fell asleep with a smile on her face, just like she almost always does when she's lying beside you.