mixed up

The first thing you heard when you came inside was the joyous sound of your girlfriend's laugh.

There she sat on the couch with some show playing on the tv. She lowered the volume when she heard you come in and she looked over at you with a grin; one that quickly faded when she saw the look in your eyes. "Y/n? What's wrong? Did you have a bad day?"

You shrugged. "Yeah. But then my day got worse when my girlfriend blew off our date!"

Rosé let out a nervous chuckle. She turned the tv off and threw the remote down on the cushion beside her. "I didn't forget anything. Y/n. We had nothing planned for tonight."

"What are you talking about? Rosé, we've had this date planned since last week." You scoffed as a frown appeared on her face. "For what day?"

"Today! Thursday!"

She shook her head and pulled her phone out of her pocket. "Okay. Well, that's tomorrow." You furrowed your eyebrows in disbelief. "It's Wednesday, y/n." She laughed and showed you the calendar on her phone.

You squeezed your eyes shut and looked down at your feet. "Shoot. I'm sorry, Rosé."

"For what?" She smirked.

"For getting so upset with you. I should've never jumped to conclusions."

She made grabby hands at you and her eyes lit up when you made your way over to her. She pulled you onto her lap and put her arms around you. "It's okay. I forgive you, baby. We have tomorrow, our actual date night."

She laughed when you tickled her sides playfully. "Seriously though, you obviously didn't have a good day before you assumed I blew you off so I know you didn't mean to get so worked up in the first place. Let's put it behind us, okay?"

You nodded and leaned in to give her a kiss, but she placed her finger over your lips first. "Do you know that I wouldn't ever blow a date with you off, anyway? Right?" You nodded. "I know. That's just another reason why I love you."

Rosé smiled and gave you a kiss. "I love you too."