№43|Douse The Flames

Start from the beginning

Her heart broke as she watched the black wolf circle in rage, ready to attack anything that moves. She shook her head, “this isn't him. That isn't the Alonzo I fell in love with.”

“I know,” Eponine sighed, eyeing the white wolf with sadness, “good news is, I think I can fix them.”

“You can?!” Clair's eyes lit up with hope.

“Yes,” Eponine began tapping on the tablet, “every virus has a hole in it, all I have to do is find that hole and exploit it. If I can modify the virus DNA code I can rewrite it.”

“Good,” Hex nodded, he patted Eponine's shoulder, “Matias, Alonzo, and Rico are strong wolves. I know you're worried but there's no need to be, Matias will make it through this.”

Eponine nodded sadly, “I know he's strong. But seeing him like this reminds me of when he fought Tangerine. He's just so...feral.”

“You know after that battle, he was so happy he won. He didn't want to let you go to Tangerine,” Hex smiled at her, “he loves you, ya know. A lot more than you know.”

Eponine chuckled, seeing the flicker of blue in Matias' red eyes assured her he was still there.

Suddenly, Hex's phone began to ring. He looked down to see it said 'Private Number'.

“Hello?”

“Hello, little brother.”

Hex growled, “what do you want Salis?”

He put the phone on speaker “do you like what I did to those mutts? Pretty awesome, huh?”

“How could you do that to Rico, Matias, and Alonzo! They're in pain because of you!” Clair scolded.

“Awe, am I supposed to care?” Salis cooed, “cause I don't.”

“Didn't the burning down mom and dad house enough to suffice you? Why do you have to go after everyone when this just involves me and you.” Hex stated.

“Do you think this is just about me and you anymore?  Oh no, no, no...this is a whole new ball game my baby brother.” Salis snickered, “this is just the beginning my baby brother, I will get the Eternal Flame. Even if it means killing everyone close to you. Starting with that little animalistic of yours.”

With that, the phone call ended. Hex burnt the phone to a crisp. Cruella was about to say something but Hex shook his head, “don't worry Cruella, he’s not touching you.”

Hex walked off, crunching the ashes of the phone, “I’ll kill him before he has the chance.”

°•. ✿ .•°

Clair watched in sadness as Alonzo paced in circles, anger fuming from the black wolf. Eponine walked up to her, “you don't need to watch this, I’ll call you once the vaccine is ready.”

“No,” Clair said determinedly, “as his mate, I promised I'd be with him through thick and thin. This is the thick and I have to be there for him.”

“But it pains you to watch this, love.” Eponine rubbed her shoulder, “Alonzo wouldn't want this. He wouldn't want you to torutre yourself by watching him in this state.”