№6|Tainted Brownies (Edited)

№6|Tainted Brownies
●══════⋆☆⋆══════●

It’s been a wonderful couple of months since the Ruby Rebels meeting, not only have things grown tense between the Rebels and the Dragons, but Cruella and Hex grew closer every single day.

“You got this Cruella, just knock on the door, come on stop being a wimp!” She stood outside the mechanics door, holding a plate of brownies. She closed her eyes, knocking on the door.

The door opened to reveal Ector, “hey Cruella, what brings you by? It's half past noon, aren’t you supposed to be at work?”

“I’m on break, is your brother here?” Cruella asked.

“Yeah,” Ector smirked, “come on in.”

Cruella walked inside, watching as Hex worked on a car. “Hex~ special delivery!” Ector cooed, taking a brownie. Hex came out from under the car to see Cruella holding the brownies.

“Marshmallow!” Hex cheered, hugging her, “what are you doing here?”

“I-I had some brownie mix and baked you and your family some, Christopher thought I liked truffles and bought me a truffle making kit-”

“You hate truffles,” Hex interrupted.

“Ye-Yeah, you remember, I told you like 3 months ago,” Cruella muttered.

“I remember, why wouldn't I?” Hex tilted his head.

“Most guys never remember the minor details.” Cruella looked down.

“Well Christopher may not, but I do.” Hex tilted up her head, smiling at her.

Cruella blushed and looked away “an-anyway! I returned the kit and got a lot of brownie mixes instead.”

Hex bit into one browny, “tasty!” he muttered through his food ridden mouth.

“You think so? I’ve always been terrible at cooking.” Cruella chuckled nervously.

“Totally! It’s amazing.” Hex smiled.

Cruella and he sat in the break room, munching on brownies. “Hex,” her hand was on his, “we’ve been friends for what, almost half a half a year now?”

“Yes... is there something wrong?” Hex asked.

“I’ve been hiding this secret from you for a while now, worried you would resent me for it.” Cruella intertwined her fingers with his.

“You know I would never. Plus, I’ve been hiding something from you too…” Hex sighed, knowing this might ruin their friendship.

“On 3?”

“Yeah,” Hex nodded.

“One.”

“Two.”

“Three!”

“I’m animalistic!”