№35|It's A Matter Of Trust

№35|It’s A Matter Of Trust
●══════⋆☆⋆══════●

It’s been 3 months since the DeVille Kids won the tournament, the Golden Dragons and the Ruby Rebels were back to business as usual in New York.

Cruella was woken up to the smell of chocolate chip pancakes, the sound of the plate being placed on her nightstand made her smile.

Hex crouched down beside Cruella, “Cruella~ wake up.”

Cruella opened one of her eyes to see Hex’s smiling face, “hello my little fireball.”

“Good morning, my lovely little panther.” Hex kissed her nose, “pancakes?”

Cruella sat up, wrapping the blankets around her as Hex passed her the plate of pancakes, “when did you get home?”

“Around 3am,” Hex sat beside her, “I’m sorry I’ve been working so much lately, the gang and the mechanics has been busy ever since we won.”

“It’s alright,” Cruella kissed his cheek, “the gang and the mechanics are important to you, I’m just glad we have moments like these.”

“So am I, mi amor,” Hex held her hand, “do you want to come with me to the mechanics today? I’m sure the crew would love to see you, you’ve been cooped up in your office working on designs since the tournament ended.”

“Well they did make me top designer ever since Catania left,” Cruella smiled, finishing up her pancakes, “it’s kinda amazing seeing my designs in stores!”

“I told you they’d be in stores, Cruella, now people everywhere are buying Designs By DeVille!” Hex cheered, cupping her hands.

Cruella was about to say something when Hex’s hands lit on fire, burning Cruella’s hands slightly, she hissed in pain.

“Sorry, I don't know what’s been happening lately but my fires have been out of control lately.” Hex sighed, shaking his head, reeling back the flames.

“It’s probably just some growing pains, you have gotten a lot stronger since the tournament.” Cruella told him, entering the bathroom.

“I guess,” Hex looked into the mirror, and then down at his hands, “normally I have my flames more in check.”

“Don't worry about it Hex,” Cruella smiled, kissing his forehead, “it’s probably nothing. I know you wouldn't burn me on purpose.”

Hex smiled, “you know I would never burn you.”

°•. ✿ .•°

“...witnesses say the flames were worse than hell itself. This is just one of the many fires that have happened over the past three months. Police say that the person setting these fires always leaves the same mark, a skull and crossbones engulfed by a black flame.”

“More updates as this dev-” before the reporter could finish, Sergio turned off the TV in the breakroom, “dammit, that’s that's another one of our allied gangs buildings burnt down.”

“The suspect is making their way all around New York and New Jersey, what if one of our bases is next?” Gabriella questioned, Eloise walked into the break room wearing her new school uniform which consisted of a white shirt and black skirt with black overalls straps.