№2|Eyes Are The Window To The Soul (Edited)

༻❁༺

Once Cruella arrived at her job, she entered the breakroom to see Catania’s second assistant, Diane, in the break room making coffee.

“Good afternoon Cruella,” Diane’s soft voice welcomed. 

“Hey, Diane!” Cruella perked up “how was the date last night?”

“Great, yeah, Lily was great,” Diane muttered into her cup. 

“Lily huh?” Cruella smirked. 

“Yep, great girl.” Diane nodded slightly. 

“Yes, yes, Gabriella is a great girl.” Cruella chuckled.

“Gab-Gabriella?!”

“Yep, I know there wasn’t any “Lily”, she was Gabriella the entire time wasn’t she?” Cruella leaned against the counter.

Diane nodded sadly, “yeah...sorry I didn't tell you.”

“Nonsense honey,” Cruella smiled, hugging her best friend, “you and she have nothing to be sorry for, she’s my new roommate after all.”

“She is?” Diane’s voice lowered “oh…”

“Yeah, Is that a problem?” Cruella asked. 

Diane sighed and shook her head “not at all...let’s get upstairs, you can tell me about your day.”

“Oh! I met this really cute boy named Hexicah, Hex for short, he works at the mechanics in Brooklyn. He’s super nice, creative, funny! He’s just...ahhhh…” Cruella swooned, sighing in delight.

“Sounds like Cruella has a boyfriend~” Diane cooed as they boarded the escalator. 

“I do not! He’s just a friend for right now! Plus, you already know I have someone.” Cruella reminded her.

“Yeah, but he isn't perfect for you,” Diane muttered. 

“Well, he’s perfect for me at the moment, and until I can be convinced otherwise.” Cruella shrugged, getting off the escalator and walking down the halls of famous fashion design offices.

She reached an empty corner office with a beautiful view of New York City at sunset, basking the city in a wonderful pink glow.

“Remember when we were little and my mom would take us up to the office and we’d pretend to be fashion designers.” Diane reminisced. 

Cruella chuckled, nodding slightly “we ran around with my mom’s makeup on, trying to act as models.”

“You’re gonna get this office Cruella, somebody will find your drawings to be beautiful just like I do.” Diane smiled, rubbing her shoulder. 

“I hope so…” Cruella muttered, leaving the office and walking into Catania’s.

“Cruella,” Catania began, looking up from her computer “where’s Precious?”