№1|We Met In The Rain (Edited)

༻❁

“You want to know how father and I met?” Cruella questioned. Her son, Carlos, and his wife, CJ, nodded. 

“Please Grandma! I know all of my mom and dad’s adventures and I wanna know yours too!” Natalia, the daughter of CJ and Carlos pleaded, making the cutest puppy dog eyes up at Cruella and Hex.

“Must… resist… cuteness!” Hex, Cruella’s husband, faked groaning, swooping up his granddaughter in a big hug. “Grandpa!” Natalia hugged Hex tightly, her little tan arms wrapping around Hex’s big frame.

“I think they’re old enough to know.” Cruella shrugged, the family walking into the den. Cruella and Hex sat on the couch while CJ, Carlos, and Natalia sat on the soft run.

“This story begins a long time before you or Reene were born,” Cruella recalled the fateful day that changed her life forever.

°•. ✿ .•°

A beautiful sunrise coated the New York skyline in a pink and purple color, the sun shining down on Cruella. Black irises slowly rose open, adjusting to the new light.

She yawned, dark-skinned arms stretching up and out so her whole body could adjust to the morning time.

“Morning already?” she groaned, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. A loud alarm proved her theory that it was indeed morning.

Cruella sighed and got up, putting on her slippers as she walked into the hallway of her apartment. Entering the kitchen, she heard the delightful sound of dalmatians barking. “Pongo, Anita!” Cruella called out;the dalmatians rushed in.

“Who wants breakfast?” she walked over to the food bag, pouring the food into the two dog bowls that sat by the kitchen island.

“Lay down,” the dogs obeyed her order to lay down, “roll over,” they rolled over “high-five!” Cruella chuckled softly as the two dogs gave her a high-five.

“Eat up.” The dogs gladly ate their kibble as Cruella walked into the bathroom.

Cruella looked into the mirror, running her fingers through her white hair. “Let’s get to work, Cruella.”

≫ ──── ≪•◦❈◦•≫ ──── ≪

After a relaxing shower, Cruella got ready for work. She looked at the time to see it was already 9 AM.

“Shit! I’m gonna be late!” Cruella grabbed the small stack of papers on her desk and her jacket, and dashed into the foggy streets of New York.

“Catania-sama is gonna kill me!” she mumbled, running in the rain, fighting off the wind as she tried to keep the papers dry.

“I told you, Gabriella, I don't want a girlfriend,” a man a few feet in front of her spoke into the phone, trying to maneuver through the packed streets

“It’s been 5 years since Roxy… ya know…” Gabriella began, “you need someone new! Remember what the therapist said? You need a new start, Hex.”