№17|I'll Give You A Reason

№17|I’ll Give You A Reason
●══════⋆☆⋆══════●

Emmanuel couldn't believe it, Marmalade was back in his arms, safe in sound. He nuzzled his nose into her neck. “You’re never leaving my side again.” Emmanuel muttered.

Marmalade laughed, “it’s been a week since the rescue and still your protective of me?”

“Yes!” Emmanuel sat up, “baby, you go kidnapped the day you came to New York! What if that happens again.”

Marmalade kissed his lips, “do you trust me?”

“With my whole heart.”

“Then trust my strength,” Marmalade got out of bed, wrapping herself in a silk robe, “I am a strong animalistic babe. I can protect myself and my mate.”

Emmanuel nodded and got up, “I’m sorry, it’s just I’m so worried.”

“There’s no need to be,” Marmalade kissed his cheek, “now, what have I missed?”

“Dizzy got marked by Shawn.”

“Makes sense, you can just sense the heat radiating off that man.”

“Summer is with Christopher.”

Marmalade nodded, “cute, they’re nice together.”

“And your sister is with Hex.”

Marmalade dropped her makeup brush, “YA!!! Oh I’m so proud of Big Sis Cruella!!!”

“That she gets excited for…” Emmanuel laughed.

“We have to visit them!” Marmalade quickly jumped into the shower to get ready.

Emma stood at the airport with Edgar and Jasmine, “are you sure you two will be okay in San Diego?”

“Yes, Emma,” Edgar ruffled his hair, “we’ll be taking over the base in San Diego while you work here. Plus, Jasmine was born there and she wants to see her family again.”

Emma hugged her big brother, “you know, Sergio would kill you if he’d known about this!”

Edgar chuckled and hugged her back, “I know, I wish he was here to see how great you’re handling things.”

“I wish he was here too...our anniversary is coming up.” Emma whimpered.

“Are you going to put flowers at his grave?” Jasmine asked.

“Yeah, I think I might talk to him.” Emma smiled.

Edgar kissed her forehead, “I know he’s watching over you up there.”

“I know,” Emma touched her heart, “I can feel it, in here.”

Matias and Alonzo watched as Clair packed her clothes in her suitcase, “what suitcase number is this?”

“3.” Alonzo groaned, throwing his head back.

“She’s your mate bro.” Matias laughed.