№29|Promises

№29|Promises
●══════⋆☆⋆══════●

“I can't believe it! They made it to the fifth day?!” Juniper slammed her wine glass down on her desk, “those other teams were supposed to take them out, not get taken out!”

She looked at Tangerine, “you’re our last hope, see to it that Eponine and Matias are taken care of, I’ll deal with Cruella and the mother.” Juniper had a wicked smile on her face as she looked out the window.

“Yes, Juniper.” Tangerine grinned viciously.

Matias watched as Eponine brushed her hair in the vanity dresser mirror, he sighed in delight, catching her attention, “something wrong?”

“Just happy that’s all,” Matias smiled, nuzzling his nose over her mark, “I never thought I’d have something like this.”

“Like what?” Eponine tilted her head.

“A mate, happiness, someone to protect, someone who can calm me down in an instant.” Matias sighed in delight, taking in her jasmine and vanilla. 

Eponine laughed, noticing the gold hue in her mate’s eyes, “it’s cute.”

“What is?” Matias was confused.

“That golden hue in your eyes, darling, ever since you marked me, it shows up when I’m around.” Eponine explained.

“Oh! That’s Balkin! He really likes you.” Matias felt Balkin taking over his body.

“Balkin at your service,” he kissed her hand, “pleased to meet you, princess.”

“Pleased to meet you as well, Sir Balkin.” Eponine smiled at him.  

“I see why you like this one, her smile is beautiful.” Balkin chuckled softly.

“I know...she’s majestic.” Matias sighed.

“So, Sir Balkin, how long have you been with Monsieur Matias?” Eponine questioned, doing her nightly routine.

“Since birth, werewolves are tied to their wolf from birth to death.” Balkin smiled proudly.

“Did you know I was Monsieur Matias’ mate?” Eponine asked.

“Yep, but he knew before I did, maybe like a day before but who wants techinalicaties, Princess.” Balkin chuckled.

“Princess, I think Matias wants back control.” Balkin let go of control and let Matias come back.

“Matias,” Eponine turned around in her chair, “these days you have been,” she held her hands, “increible!”

Matias kissed her forehead, “I know, I just being with you has made me feel more alive than ever before.”

“But-” Eponine began, Matias sighed deeply, “why must there be a but?”

“After the tournament, if you win, I must go back to my kingdom.” Eponine looked down, “and you have to go back to New York.”