№5|A New Start (Edited)

№5|A New Start
●══════⋆☆⋆══════●

Clair stopped the car in front of a small light yellow house, she looked in the backseat to see Dizzy was asleep on Shawn’s shoulder. “Wake her up, can't keep her forever Shawn.” Clair chuckled softly.

“I know.” Shawn shook her slightly, Dizzy rubbed her eyes.

“Where are we?” she yawned, stretching her arms.

“Your house,” Shawn replied, helping her out of the car.

“How do you know where I live?” Dizzy questioned.

“I am a cop, I know everything,” Shawn answered in a purposely creepy tone.

Dizzy laughed, “alright, mister cop.” Dizzy took out her keys, “can I get you something to drink? Just as a thank you for not arresting me.”

He looked back at the car to see Clair randomly singing to some song on the radio, “if you and your girlfriend need to leave-”

“She’s not my girlfriend.” Shawn laughed, walking into her house.

The house is equipped with an old-fashioned kitchen and one small bathroom, it also has a warm living room, two bedrooms, a snug dining room, and a roomy garage.

The building is shaped like a circle. The house is partially surrounded by wooden overhanging panels on two sides.

The second floor is bigger than the first, which creates a stylish overhang around the entire house. This floor follows the same style as the floor below.

The roof is low, triangular, but one side is longer than the other and is covered with black roof tiles. 

Two small chimneys poke out the center of the roof. Several long, thin windows let in plenty of light to the rooms below the roof.
The house itself is surrounded by a gorgeous garden with many hidden lights that make the garden come to life at night.

“Nice home, must have cost a fortune.” Shawn chuckled. “Big Brother and I split the rent.” Dizzy poured him a drink, the two sitting at the bar. “Who’s this Big Brother you speak of so much?” Shawn tilted his head slightly.

“He’s not really my big brother, we just call each other that, he’s basically a big brother to me.” Dizzy stirred her drink slowly, “we were orphans. Our parents weren’t the best, I was basically a pack mule for drug deals and Big Brother, he was worse…”

Shawn rested her hand on his, “I’m sorry...I hope you know they won't hurt you anymore.”

Dizzy nodded and continued “my parents ran a drug cartel, they basically forgot I was even their daughter, to them I was just another number.”

“There was one job when I was 16,” Dizzy clutched the glass, “it was simple; deliver the balloons of drugs across the border.”

Shawn grew tense, “balloons?”

“Balloons filled with drugs, in my stomach…” Dizzy put her hand on her stomach. “I didn't even know they were there, until…”