№39|Tea Tree and Sage

●══════⋆☆⋆══════●

As the fire finally died down, Hex and the family went through the burnt remains of the base.

Hex picked up the picture of him and Cruella, “it’s not burnt.”

Sergio patted his shoulder, “don't you remember what I told you, Hex? Love can survive even the hottest flames.”

Hex smiled up at Cruella, watching as she helped Mama with some of the burnt items.

“Even the hottest of flames, Hex, the hottest of flames.” Sergio repeated, smiling at his son.

The sound of rummaging from the back made Hex’s eyes dart towards the dark figure running away.

“Alonzo! Matias! Sick him!” Hex ordered.

The wolves nodded, quickly sifting as they chased after the figure. Matias noticed the brown fur on the mysterious person. He looked at his brother “wolf?”

Alonzo didn’t reply, cornering the brown wolf in the ally. “He can't be older tha 19, maybe 20, he’s still a pup.” Alonzo chuckled softly.

“He looks scared,” Matias noticed the fear in the brown wolf’s black eyes, “I almost feel bad…”

Alonzo sifted back to the human, “what do you think Hex?” he asked, Hex appearing in the alley way, “what should we do with the kid?”

Hex glared at him, hard, “shift.” he demanded, his rough tone being heard.

“That’s the thing, Hex, I don't think he can.” Matias piped up, “something about him... doesn't seem normal.”

“Well he is a werewolf, Matias.” Hex stated, rolling his eyes.

“I know that, Hex,” Matias pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing, “but werewolves his age aren’t supposed to be this big.”

“What do you mean?” Cruella asked.

“He has to be what...19, maye 20, to wolves he still qualifies as a pup.” Matias began to explain.

“Really? 20 is an adult.” Sergio scoffed.

“Werewolves have such long lifespans, him only being 20 is like a human being 10, he’s still a kid in the eyes of wolves.” Matias continued, “but he shouldn’t be that big.”

“He should be the size of a normal wild wolf, not the size of me and Alonzo, who are considered adults in werewolf age.” Matias noticed the confused looks on their faces.

“You know how me and Alonzo are a lot bigger than Cruella?”

“Yeah,” they all replied.

“Hey!” Cruella scolded, “it’s true, but hey!”

“Cruella, you should know that werewolves are bigger than animalistics who are in their wolf form.” Alonzo chuckled, Cruella rolled her eyes.