№13|Should Have Never Looked Back

●══════⋆☆⋆══════●

Cruella slid down the door, silently crying her eyes out. “I’ve always hated him...but I never thought...he went this far…” 

She went into her puse, pulling out her phone and immediately calling Hex.

“Hello? Cruella?”

“He-Hex,” Cruella was so happy to hear his voice, tears streamed down her eyes.

“Cruella, what’s wrong? Why are you crying? Where are you?”

“I-I’m out-outside my apartment building...ca-can you pick me up?” Cruella stammered. 

“Of course,” Hex grabbed his keys and jacket, “don't move, I’ll be there in 10.”

Emmanuel paced back and forth, he was pissed and already punched a hole in the break room wall at the mechanics. “Emmanuel,” Mama held his shoulder, “sit down, if you keep pacing you wear a hole into the floor.”

“I don't care, Mama! Marmalade is suffering in there and I don't even know where ‘there’ is!” Emmanuel scolded, pacing even more now.

“When was the last time you slept?” Gabriella asked, examining the bags under his eyes. “About 3 days ago…” Emmanuel muttered shamefully.

“For the sake of the gods,” Ector pulled him up to the spare bedroom, “sleep. Now!” Ector closed the door.

“What do you think just because you tell me I'll fall asleep, I’ll do it?” Emmanuel laid back, looking at the ceiling, and before he knew it, he was asleep.

“Hello,” Marmalade's voice was smooth like velvet. “Emmanuel, wake up.”

Emmanuel turned the other way “too early baby,” he pulled Marmalade down towards the bed “let's cuddle.”

“I would love to, Manny, but I have to open the shop.” Marmalade tried to wiggle out of Emmanuel's grasp but Emmanuel was determined to make Marmalade to stay.

“But I wanna cuddle…” Emmanuel murmured into her hair. “Fine, 30 minutes but you have to drive me to work.” Marmalade stated.

“Shhh…cuddle time.” Emmanuel whispered. “I love you, idiot.” Marmalade smiled, cuddling close with Emmanuel.

“I love you too, Marmalade…” Emmanuel yawned.

Hex pulled up to Cruella’s apartment, he exited his car to see Cruella crying on the steps. He rushed to her side, “Cruella, what happened?”

“Hex!” Cruella cried into his shirt, “all those lessons from your dad...about how a man respects a woman...they were true...right?”

“Yeah, of course they are,” Hex replied, lifting up her chin to reveal the black eye. His anger began to bubble, “who the hell did this to you?”

“Christopher…”

Hex intertwined his fingers with hers, “let’s get you out of here.”