№16|The Rescue

№16|The Rescue
●═════⋆☆⋆══════●

Cruella didn’t know if she was dreaming or not.

She woke up the next morning wrapped in Hex’s arms, his fire magic giving her the warmth she needed and her animalistic return that heat in appertiaction to their newly marked mate.

She looked at the clock to see it was almost 10 am! Shit! We were supposed to meet Hex’s family and the Ruby Rebels at the base to discuss plans 15 minutes ago! Cruella tried to wiggle out of Hex’s arms but that made him hold onto her more.

“I moved the meeting here at 11:15.” Hex whispered lovingly, Cruella slumped back down on the comfy bed and sighed. It’s like sleeping on a cloud.

“I know,” Hex replied as though he could read her thoughts. Cruella was a little shocked, backing up slightly, “so the mark really does work? You can hear my thoughts?”

“Yes,” Hex moved strands of her white hair to kiss her neck, “and must I say Cruella you have some naughty thoughts during the night.”

Cruella blushed madly “He-Hex!” 

Hex chuckled and pulled her in closer, “shh...we have one more hour, I wanna cuddle with you.”

Little did he know, everyone was gathered downstairs already. Emmanuel tapped his foot impatiently, “stupid Dragon! He moves the meeting to his house and he isn't even up!”

Saree hissed at him, she looked like she was hungover, “shut up, your too loud.”

“What happened to you?” Diane asked. “Too much blood, so, so good, but too much blood.” Saree rested her head on Ector’s lap. “How come you’re not like that right now? She must have sucked your blood.” Gabriella questioned.

“Because Vampire’s mates blood replenished quickly to make up for the blood vampires taking it so often, so I’m fine.” Ector explained, Saree groaned, “she is not.”

Gabriella chuckled, holding Diane close, “I’m glad Diane isn't part of the magical race, y'all are cool, but I don't think I’d be able to handle that.” Gabriella kissed Diane’s cheek.

Diane chuckled nervously, looking down, “that’s right, Gabby…”

“What are you talking about Diane? You’re an angel! That’s the best one!” Mama exclaimed, Gabriella looked at Diane in shock, “you a what?”

“A-An angel…” Diane but her lip softly, looking down at her feet. Gabriella smiled widely, “holy shit! This is awesome!! You’re an angel?! Can I see your wings? Can you talk to the gods and goddesses? This probably explains why every time we play Fortnite you say ‘may you soul find peace’ after you kill someone.”

“Gabriella, slow down, you’re asking too many questions but yes you can see my wings.” Diane took off her jacket, revealed her white summer dress, “hold this hun,” she passed the jacket to Gabriella, she took a deep breath in and out, letting beautiful white angel wings sprout from her back.

Gabriella touched the wings slightly, watching as they sparkled in the sunlight, “they’re amazing!”

“You really think so?” Diane asked sincerely. “Of course!” Gabriella hugged her, trying her best not to damage her wings. “Why did you hide this from me?” Gabriella asked in a soft whisper.