Chapter 14

I tapped my foot to the beat of the music while his hand was intertwined with my.

Matt's hand of course.

He smiled as I hummed the music scrolling through Twitter. We arrived at the place we hated most.

School.

He came around to open my door which was usual now. It had been a week since me and Matt's date. He usually comes over after school now along with Jack and Lucy and sammy and Johnson.

We walked into school and headed for our lockers. Matt's locker was two away from mine which wasn't bad at all.

Today I had a present a speech which I was very nervous.

"You'll do great" Matt said as he rubbed my back.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yes" he smiled.

"Matt" I said "what if I mess up? What if something goes wrong?"

"Baby you'll do great! I promise. I'll be there to watch you. Don't worry about a thing" he smiled.

He hugged me and kissed the top of my head.

I smiled and saw Anna give me a glare. She was jealous I knew it, but let's not worry about Anna.

She has a boyfriend anyways. Cameron. Biggest jerk in the school.

Anyways, it's the last week of school and we all have to present a speech before senior year starts.

I'm already nervous about next school year and college.

I worry too much.

Matt and I walked to our class. Everyone was dressed nicely since we had to present this in front of half the high school. The speeches started and they went on until my turn.

"Now ms. Avery Marie Meadows." Mrs. Starks said.

I took a deep breath and Matt let go of my hand and nodded.

I walked up to the podium and started.

I could feel my hands becoming sweaty as i talked.

"Today my speech is about many things" I started.

I went through my speech getting every line perfect. I only messed up once when I stuttered over a word in the middle of the speech, but it wasn't a big deal.

"Thank you" I smiled as I walked backed to my seat.

The rather large crowd applauded and I smiled.

I sat down beside Matt and he rapped his arm around me.

"Good job babe" he smiled.

I smiled and nodded as a thank you.

The speeches went on and it was finally Matt's turn. He was the last speech to be presented. He didn't seem nervous. Probably because he preforms all the time.

"Today my speech may seem different then the others" Matt started.

He went on with his speech and he was doing great. I smiled just watching him. He, of course, added humor which made everyone laugh.

He looked great. He was wearing khakis and a polo. He had his hair in a quiff and would occasionally run his hand through his hair.

He looked over a few times to wink or give me a small smile.

He ended his speech and the crowd clapped and the football team cheered and yelled.

He walked back to his seat next to me.

"Good job Matthew" I smirked.

He tried to glare at me without laughing, but failed.

"That concludes the speeches" Mrs. Starks said.

We all left the area and headed to our other classes. I thought it was stupid since the teachers don't have any homework for us.

My next class was world history. Great. I walked in and sat in an open seat.

"You can do whatever you want" Mr. Johns smiled.

I pulled out my phone and went straight to Instagram.

"So you and matt are dating?" Someone asked.

The annoying voice I knew so well.

Anna.

"Yes we are" I turned around and smiled.

"Please not like y'all will last long." She smirked.

Yeah right. I know we'll last long. He means too much to me to let him go.

"Why are you so mean?" I asked.

Anna didn't answer. She just laughed and looked at her posse which laughed along with her. I rolled my eyes and got back on my phone.

Class ended shortly and I left to get lunch.

I sat down at my normal table. Matt came sat with me along with Jack and Lucy.

"Your speech was great!" Lucy said.

"Thank you. So was yours" I smiled.

We talked and Matt joked around.

The day ended and we finally could go home. Matt was driving me home and we talked about our summer plans.

"Ave I'm going on tour this summer..." Matt said slowly.

"Matt that's great! You can do what you love again" I smiled.

"For four and a half months." Matt said quickly.

"You're gonna be gone for almost 5 months" I asked.

"Well, I was gonna ask if you wanted to come with me" He smiled.

"Yes Matt!" I squealed.

"It's gonna be great. You can meet all the guys" he said.

I smiled and nodded.

He pulled into my driveway and kissed me.

This summer was going to be fun.

__________________________

So Cameron, Anna's boyfriend, is NOT Cameron Dallas. So yeah😂, anyways hope you're liking it. Keep voting guys!-Em💘