Chapter 9

The day went by pretty fast and we didn't really have any homework so that's good.

Me and Lucy rode back to my house with Jack. He dropped us off and we decided to start our homework that we had.

It was English so it was easy. We quickly finished and grabbed a snack from the kitchen.

"Avery I saw the dress in your room" My mom said.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"Well it's a little showy I would say." She said.

"Mom it's not. Most girls there are going to be wearing very sketchy dresses, like Anna and her friends. My dress is far from showy" I assured her.

She rolled her eyes and laughed a little.

I went back upstairs and took a shower. I washed my hair and put on my favorite body wash. I got out and put on shorts and a t-shirt.

Lucy got in the shower after I was done.

I was gonna let her do my hair the way she wanted because she was really good at that stuff.

I blow dried it and left it at that. I Waited for Lucy to do her hair first.

"Okay ave" she said walking over to the bed.

"How do you want your hair?" She asked playing with my hair.

"Um I don't know you decide" I said.

We walked into the bathroom and she turned on the straightener. She straightened my hair and it looked really good. A lot better from when I do it on my own.

We both put on our make up and then our dresses. I slipped mine on and put on my sandals because there is no way I'm wearing heels. Lucy put on her dress as well, but had heals.

We put on perfume and brushed our teeth one last time.I wasn't quite satisfied with my dress, but I couldn't change now. We walked down stairs and showed my mom. Lucy's mom soon came in to see what Lucy's dress looked like on her.

"Y'all look amazing!" My mom said.

"Thank you" Lucy said while smiling.

The doorbell rang and Jack was there to pick up Lucy.

She had to be picked up early because Jack wouldn't have time to do it later.

Soon the door bell rang again. I smiled and headed towards the door. I opened it to find a smiling Matt.

"Woah" Matt said under his breath.

I smiled to him and waved my hand in front of his face.

"Sorry I was.." He said.

I laughed as we made our way to his car.

He opened the passenger door for me and I got in. He hopped in the drivers seat and we drove to Jack's.

"You look great" he said.

"Thanks you don't look to bad yourself" I smirked.

He laughed and we arrived at the party. We parked on the side of the road because there were a lot of cars.

Matt was wearing khakis and a shirt. He look really nice and had his dirty blonde hair in a perfect quiff.

We didn't bother knocking on the door so we just walked in.

As soon as I walked in I smelt alcohol. It was no surprise considering it was Jack's party.

I looked around and saw people dancing, drinking, eating, and talking. It was a crazy party.