Chapter 8

I walked home as usual. It was a warm sunny day with a little breeze so it felt nice.

This time I made sure I didn't trip over the crack in the sidewalk. I approached my house and unlocked the door.

I headed upstairs and set my backpack on my bed. I whipped out my phone and texted Lucy.

'Avery: I need help'

'Lucy: What!?'

'Avery: calm down! I need to pick out a dress, but I don't have a cute one'

'Lucy: I have the perfect one. Be there in 5!'

I was a little nervous. No telling what she'll bring me. She wears the tight fitting dresses, but she looks beautiful in them.

She has a perfectly fit body.

"I'm here" she yelled from downstairs.

She came up the stairs to my room and lightly knocked on the door.

"Here" she said handing me a dress.

Of course. It was black dress that had a zip up on the back that started at my lower back to the top. It had sleeves that came to my elbow.

It was actually very attractive.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"C'mon you'll look great. Now go try it on!" She said excitedly.

I went into the bathroom and put on the dress. I zipped it up on my own and looked at myself in the mirror.

I let out a sigh. I wasn't satisfied with the way it made me look. It was a short dress and came down before it was to my knees.

It wasn't long, but a shorter dress. It wasn't a sketchy dress. It was more modest, but not my type.

"Ave?" I heard Lucy call.

I slowly twisted the door nob and walked out. I stood right in front of the mirror that was hanging on my door.

"So?" I asked.

"Ave you look stunning." She said in awe.

"I don't know" I said.

"Avery it fits you perfectly." She said.

"No I look.. I don't look like you do in this dress. I'm not fit" I said.

"Yes you are. You look absolutely beautiful." She said.

"Fine I'll wear it." I sighed.

She jumped off the bed and squealed.

"Yes! Matt's going to love it!" She said.

I smiled and went to change.

We didn't have any homework for once and we just hung out.

"Wait what are you wearing if I'm wearing your favorite dress?" I asked.

"Oh I'm wearing that blue dress. Ya know the one I bought a while back?" She said.

I nodded and smiled.

Lucy ended up spending the night so all we did was talk about stuff. She's more like a sister to me and I don't know what I would do if I didn't have her.

-

Lucy was up before me surprisingly. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Why are you up so early?" I asked.

"I'm just.. Excited" she said with a grin forming on her face.

"Ahh" I said. "You're just happy because you're Gilinsky's date tonight"

"yes" she said blushing.

"You're pretty much the luckiest girl in the school" I said walking towards the bathroom.

"Oh please" she said.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I took a quick shower and got out. I put on my uniform and dried my hair.

I put it into a pony tail because I didn't really feel like bothering with it. I quickly put on my regular makeup and grabbed my galaxy vans.

I slipped them on and headed down stairs with Luc.

We entered the kitchen where my mom was standing flipping pancakes. My favorite.

"Thought it was a big day so I cooked some breakfast for you ladies" she said while smiling.

"Thanks mom, but it's just a party" I laughed while grabbing lucy and I a plate.

"Well, you're both going with famous guys so!" She said.

Lucy and I looked at each other and laughed. It kind of annoyed me how she said 'famous Guys'. They're just normal people.

We fixed our pancakes and quickly ate. We headed back up and finished getting ready and headed for school. We were walking towards the bus stop when an unfamiliar car approached us.

We ignored it and kept walking.

They rolled down their windows and we heard "get in"

"no were n-" Lucy started until we both saw who it was.

Jack.

"Chill luc" he laughed.

We both got in the car and headed for school. Me and sammy were pretty much third wheeling as Jack and Lucy talked about stuff that we weren't really interested in.

We arrived at school and I went straight for my locker.

I found Matt standing right beside my locker. I smiled as I saw him.

I opened my locker and grabbed my science book.

"Hey" he said. "You ready for the party?"

"Eh sorta" I said.

"It'll be fun trust me" he smiled. "I mean they're acting like its prom, but it'll still be fun"

I nodded my head and entered the science room. We took our seats and started to talk.

"Have you found your dress" he smirked.

"Yes I have, but I don't like it" I told him

"oh c'mon you're gonna look great" he assured me.

I'm so nervous about this. I'm going to look awful. He's probably gonna end up falling for some other girl there.

I sighed as the thoughts went though my head.

__________________________

I'm excited about the next chapter aye🌚 follow me on Twitter - heartyespinosa -Em😌